Images uploaded, but do not display
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
I just got some new stock in, I have added the appropriate images to the listing like I've always done...and now they will not display. Attached is a screen shot of the back end after saving the product, the store display, and the images themselves. Not sure what to do here, I've never had this problem before. When I added the images, I uploaded them directly from my computer, and they were showing when I hit "save & close"...now they don't show at all.
Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With the new release of HikaShop we added a new image manager, please update to our latest version and try with the new system.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thank you!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Please see the attached images, one was of the drag & drop upload of 3 images at the same time (took screen shot during 1 of the files still uploading). The other is using a single file in the direct upload selection. Both failed & do not display images on my site.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This indicates that the system is not able to save the images in the upload folder.
Check the "upload folder" of the HikaShop configuration (by default it should be either media/com_hikashop/upload or images/com_hikashop/upload). Then, once you know the folder where the images are uploaded, please check with FTP and make sure that the system has the right to write in the folder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I tried uploading the images again...still not working. Please see attached images.
When I try "add an image" from the folder...it shows broken images.
Per the FTP client, they are physically there.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then I don't know of anything else. We would have to directly look at the issue on your backend.
Could you provide a backend access along with a link to this thread via our contact form ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've done a test with the product you mentioned on your backend and it's working just fine:
take.ms/7vaTH
It seems that you're mistaking the files area and the images area.
If you upload images as files, they are given to the customer after the purchase (like for ebooks, photos, or mp3 sales).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thank you for looking into this.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
It's almost like the link to the image is broken, but when I download them via FTP...they are fine. Is there some sort of size or file type requirement?
The images I am trying to load are also attached.
EDIT - Ok...I just tried changing the .jpg files to .png...and now they show fine.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm having a similar issue during checkout. I have a custom field that is a file and I've allowed it to be displayed in the custom field settings. I've added the fields in the checkout workflow and enabled the update button. When I select a photo and click the update additional fields, the photo gets uploaded and I see it on the server: /media/com_hikashop/upload/safe
but the photo doesn't display and it blanks out the upload field. I just want the image to display so the customer can see what they are providing on the order.
Any help would be appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Beyond that...one of the mods will need to answer the question, but if you don't get a response you may want to start your own thread.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you provide your relative screenshot (custom field & checkout workflow) in order to better understand the context, and an Url link (with the issue).
Awaiting your information in order to progress on your subject.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Perhaps I need to use the custom fields with the products when they add to cart instead of checkout?
I can upload photo and add custom message, but when I click "Update Additional Fields" it doesn't display the image and removes the upload image path. I'd like the customer to be able to see the image that they upload prior to completing the order.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It would be nice to understand why the upload image doesn't seem to work if the custom image is on the order table and part of the checkout process.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please use the "AJAX image" instead of "image" type and it should hopefully work better.
Also, note that you don't necessarily need the "update additional fields" button. In the "Fields" view of the checkout workflow", you can turn off the show submit button setting to hide it.
That way, the data of the custom fields will be sent to the server when you click on the "next" or "finish" button at the bottom of the page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.