- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
needing help in displaying shop
11 years 3 months ago #206374
by mahachita
needing help in displaying shop was created by mahachita
Sorry if this question is very usual but I couldn't figure it out myself!
I need to display at the top of my store, first the categories, then beneath it only last products. my problem is, when I just choose to display categories it also automatically shows some products below it.
I can't understand the right way of using module in Hika shop, the only thing I need now is to dispaly categories and below it latest products, nothing more!
Thanks
I need to display at the top of my store, first the categories, then beneath it only last products. my problem is, when I just choose to display categories it also automatically shows some products below it.
I can't understand the right way of using module in Hika shop, the only thing I need now is to dispaly categories and below it latest products, nothing more!
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206375
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic needing help in displaying shop
Hi,
Did you read/follow our tutorial ?
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#categories_menu
Regards,
Did you read/follow our tutorial ?
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#categories_menu
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206596
by mahachita
Replied by mahachita on topic needing help in displaying shop
I read. there is no module activated for the categories but still it shows some products beneath it! I can't understand the problem!
take a look light-attunements.com/light-store.html
take a look light-attunements.com/light-store.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206604
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic needing help in displaying shop
Hi,
You have a category listing menu, attached to this menu there is a product listing module.
So you have to edit the settings of this module, and set the value "Direct sub elements" for the option "Sub elements filter".
This way, the products will be displayed only when you are in the final category.
Please check too the category assignation in the product settings. If some of them have the parent category as category, so they will be displayed on the main page.
You have a category listing menu, attached to this menu there is a product listing module.
So you have to edit the settings of this module, and set the value "Direct sub elements" for the option "Sub elements filter".
This way, the products will be displayed only when you are in the final category.
Please check too the category assignation in the product settings. If some of them have the parent category as category, so they will be displayed on the main page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahachita
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206703
by mahachita
Replied by mahachita on topic needing help in displaying shop
it's already on "Direct sub elements"
I have a main directory for my store that is "webstore" and it includes other categories, but when I add a product I both selec the root category and the product related category, so people can either see all products in one place or in different categories. am I doing something wrong ?
I have a main directory for my store that is "webstore" and it includes other categories, but when I add a product I both selec the root category and the product related category, so people can either see all products in one place or in different categories. am I doing something wrong ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206706
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic needing help in displaying shop
Hi,
So its normal that the products are displayed on the main category listing page as there have the main category attached to them.
The best way in your case, it to set only the final category in your product settings, this way on the category listing the products are displayed only when reaching the final category, and to display all the products in one page, you just have to change the option "Sub elements filter" to "All sub elements" of the product listing menu.
So its normal that the products are displayed on the main category listing page as there have the main category attached to them.
The best way in your case, it to set only the final category in your product settings, this way on the category listing the products are displayed only when reaching the final category, and to display all the products in one page, you just have to change the option "Sub elements filter" to "All sub elements" of the product listing menu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahachita
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206970
by mahachita
Replied by mahachita on topic needing help in displaying shop
isn't there any other method to disable showing of products even as direct elements in the category mode? this is somehow not clear because when someone chooses category option doesn't want to show products but only categories!
otherwise I have to edit categories for each of my hundreds products I have added one by one?
otherwise I have to edit categories for each of my hundreds products I have added one by one?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206988
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic needing help in displaying shop
Hi,
No, the system is working properly. If HikaShop wasn't displaying the products on a categories listing, there would be no point in creating a category listing menu item since categories without products don't have any purpose.
You really need to remove the main categories from your products. But there is a way to do it quickly. You can use mass actions via the menu System>Mass actions:
take.ms/UMG1N
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html
No, the system is working properly. If HikaShop wasn't displaying the products on a categories listing, there would be no point in creating a category listing menu item since categories without products don't have any purpose.
You really need to remove the main categories from your products. But there is a way to do it quickly. You can use mass actions via the menu System>Mass actions:
take.ms/UMG1N
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahachita
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #207012
by mahachita
Replied by mahachita on topic needing help in displaying shop
got it, I went to mass action but it's blank and says "No records found." while I have many products and categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 3 months ago #207036
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic needing help in displaying shop
Hello,
Then you'll have to create and configured a new mass action.
You'll find more information about it through the documentation : hikashop.com/support/documentation/10-do...-form.html#tutorials
Then you'll have to create and configured a new mass action.
You'll find more information about it through the documentation : hikashop.com/support/documentation/10-do...-form.html#tutorials
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds