Category image not showing
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
Got another image display issue...
Due to old ignorance, I originally uploaded mostly .jpg images to my site...which then cause a white border to display to fill the image area. Due to this, I was slowly replacing them with .png images. Well...now that I'm on 2.5.0, today I had a chance to change some more...and now those items are no longer displaying their images.
Please see the screen shots below...if necessary for you to test, the information I sent in is still valid to access the back end of my site.
Missing Images 1 and 2 attachments, it shows the image physically uploaded in the back end for the category image. In the Missing Images 3 attachment, it shows the images not showing up for their categories. I've refreshed the browser, I've cleared my cache, I've done all the usual steps...but they still are not displaying.
I've also attached the images that I'm using to this message.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This looks like the system is not able to generate the thumbnails in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/175x175f of your website.
Can you make sure that this folder is writable ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you try to change that to 777, just to make sure that it is not coming from that ?
What if you change the width/height settings of the menu via the menu Display>Content menus ?
Are the categories images displayed ? All of them ? None of them ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I tried the 777 thing, and it still would not work...but there may be an issue...
In the below listed thread for PRODUCT listings...
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-display.html#206543
I had to change the .jpg image over to a .png to display properly otherwise the .jpg would not show (which is fine as I want to replace all my images with .png anyways).
In this current thread here, I did the reverse...changed the .png image I'm trying to upload in to this CATEGORY listing, over to a .jpg...and it works fine!!!
I obviously am not sure, but, I think something is wrong with the way HikaShop is handling image files. There's no reason at all why using a .jpg won't work yet a .png will for products, then just the reverse for categories.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have tried to use the same image for a product and a category ?
You have maybe corrupted images, or something like that. We are using the same process for any images.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop has no problem properly handling jpgs and pngs.
No one else has problems with them.
Are you sure that your .jpg files are compressed with the JPG format and the .png files compressed with the PNG format ?
If the file extension doesn't correspond to the format of the file, it won't work properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
The only thing I can think of is that I moved hosting providers. Is there something that could be associated with the move that would cause this issue? I moved hosts at the end of May, but only recently installed the newest version HikaShop...so I would think that the move wouldn't cause an issue.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, it's possible.
Usually with the folders access rights (which is why I recommended you to check them).
It can also be a problem with the FTP layer if you activated it. Otherwise, activating it might help solve the problem.
magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-sept-20...ons-to-the-ftp-layer
Can you provide the images that you used for your tests ?
If you do a backup of your website and restore it on a local wamp, does it work properly ?
I'm really thinking that the issue is with the server configuration or the images themselves. I don't see any other possibility.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've checked your images and I get that error:
take.ms/9tKEf
So PHP is telling me that your image is not a PNG image.
And if I open your image with a text editor I see this:
take.ms/T3Fcd
As you can see, at the beginning, it tells me that the format is JFIF. And if you look at wikipedia, it tells you this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG_File_Interchange_Format
So It's a JPEG file that you named with the png extension. And that's why you get problems with these images as they are not consistent.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Changing the file extension won't change the file format.
I don't know what software you're using but you should see how to use it to save an image to another format.
But as you understand ; it is not related to the HikaShop support.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
When I ran in to an issue, I tried opening the original JPG in Microsoft Paint, and re-saved it as a PNG.
Then when I continued to have an issue, I did the same as above but with Paint.Net.
Still same issue...but after the post by nicolas...I can see something is not working. Sorry to tie up everyone's time on this. I will keep trying with other image programs.
Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Not sure what the problem was originally...maybe they didn't truthfully switch over as noted by Nicolas...so I apologize again about tying up everyone's time.
Thank you again...
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.