- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
How to create menus
11 years 3 months ago #207292
by timknell
How to create menus was created by timknell
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
Is it possible to have a menu that lists the categories you have created?
In the initial setup I chose the option to put the category listing in the main menu.
What I am after is a menu that can go on the left (for example) that can be called 'product categories' and it lists all the categories we have. Listing products is not useful if you had more than about 10 items to sell (and we do).
In module manager the Hika shop options are cart module, currency switcher module and content module.
Under menus I have the options of user control registration and brands listing as well as a checkout option and comparison page. None seem to do what I am after. Am I missing something. I could find nothing about menus in documents or FAQ's.
Thanks.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
Is it possible to have a menu that lists the categories you have created?
In the initial setup I chose the option to put the category listing in the main menu.
What I am after is a menu that can go on the left (for example) that can be called 'product categories' and it lists all the categories we have. Listing products is not useful if you had more than about 10 items to sell (and we do).
In module manager the Hika shop options are cart module, currency switcher module and content module.
Under menus I have the options of user control registration and brands listing as well as a checkout option and comparison page. None seem to do what I am after. Am I missing something. I could find nothing about menus in documents or FAQ's.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #207302
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic How to create menus
Hi,
Did you find the tutorial documentation about the content display ?
It explains how to create a category listing module (and much more)
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Regards,
Did you find the tutorial documentation about the content display ?
It explains how to create a category listing module (and much more)
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #207365
by timknell
Replied by timknell on topic How to create menus
Thanks for this. I had looked at it, but obviously not in depth. The screenshots would imply that the essentials and business packages are far more comprehensive than the free version, helping to make the decision to upgrade!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #207370
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to create menus
Hi,
Regarding the menu creation, all editions should be pretty much the same.
Regarding the menu creation, all editions should be pretty much the same.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds