Product Variants and Radio Buttons issue
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 38.0 (linux)
Hello,
I'm using variants for my products,and when I use a radio button to select the colours,the whole thing is not working.
The prices wont update according to the product, and I can't select the product variant as It's not opening properly.
Can I fix this.
Regards,
Dilum
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you download the install package of HikaShop via the menu My account>My subscriptions and install it on your website ?
Does that help ?
We've added a patch since the release of the 2.5.0 because if you were using the display method setting of each characteristic (instead of only the global setting of the HikaShop configuration) it wouldn't work properly.
So reading what you say, this patch should solve your problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Now the product prices are updating but still the product variants are not working,to select them I should keep holding it.
click and keep holding the product variant is so annoying.
When I disable the radio buttons everything works.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure I understand the problem.
Could you provide a link to a product page with the issue on your website so that we can see the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
My site went live without the colour option,now I need to fix this asap.
So here is the link to the product page.
maus.development.kandytech.net/shop-online/mouse
If you need the backend access please tell me.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for the link. We found the issue.
Please replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php with the one in the archive enclosed and that will fix the issue.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
How can I assign the colours according to the product?
Please see the link: maus.development.kandytech.net/shop-online/mouse
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When you are editing the product, you can go in the "variants" tab in order to edit/delete/add the variants you want for your product. So that way, you can assign the colours you want for each product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thank you for the reply ,I added colours using varients as you suggested, and it worked.
But I want only black colour for the #0 mouse - $12.95 product,at the moment I can select all 3 colours.(Please see the dev site: maus.development.kandytech.net/shop-online/mouse ).
How can I do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Go in the Variants tab of the product edition page and delete the variants that you don't want. That way, if a characteristic value is not needed for the other characteristics of the product, the value won't display.
If however you need to value for other variants (so if the other colors are used for other variants that you didn't delete), they will still display but the add to cart button will be removed when you select the inexistant combination.
In such case, there is no easy solution to dynamically modify the selections on the fly. You can either, keep it like this, or customize the code of HikaShop to have dynamic selection (hard to do, even for a developer), or change the display mode to "list" or table" for the characteristics in the HikaShop configuration so that you can only see the existing variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Can't we display a error message like "This colour is not available" or something like that.
Dilum
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In such case, you should get an error message "no stock". So you can modify it to whatever you want with a translation override:
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I will try it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.