- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Variants and sub variants
- insitevision
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #209545
by insitevision
Variants and sub variants was created by insitevision
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.40
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 39.0
Hi,
In my webshop (beds) most products have variants (size) and subvariants (color, etc.).
Only the first variant (size) needs to change the price and customers can select sub variants which do not change the price.
In versions of Hikashop before 2.5.0 I added the variant which changes the price (choosing a size) and I gave these variants a price. After that I added the other variants (such as color, matras, etc) and all variants had the right pricing.
Example: 3 sizes and 10 colors: I added the size variant and had to set a price to the 3 variants. After that I added the color variant, so in total there are 30 variants. All variants have the right pricing.
Now, in version 2.5.0 it seems not possible to first add the variant which changes the price of the product and then add the variants which do not change the price.
Now I need to add a price to ALL 30 variants (in the example mentioned before) which is a lot more work...
Maybe I'm missing something? I did add &legecy=1 to the product-url and tried to add the variants but the only thing what appears is a empty pop-pup.
Kind regards,
Eric
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.40
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 39.0
Hi,
In my webshop (beds) most products have variants (size) and subvariants (color, etc.).
Only the first variant (size) needs to change the price and customers can select sub variants which do not change the price.
In versions of Hikashop before 2.5.0 I added the variant which changes the price (choosing a size) and I gave these variants a price. After that I added the other variants (such as color, matras, etc) and all variants had the right pricing.
Example: 3 sizes and 10 colors: I added the size variant and had to set a price to the 3 variants. After that I added the color variant, so in total there are 30 variants. All variants have the right pricing.
Now, in version 2.5.0 it seems not possible to first add the variant which changes the price of the product and then add the variants which do not change the price.
Now I need to add a price to ALL 30 variants (in the example mentioned before) which is a lot more work...
Maybe I'm missing something? I did add &legecy=1 to the product-url and tried to add the variants but the only thing what appears is a empty pop-pup.
Kind regards,
Eric
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209554
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Variants and sub variants
Hi,
I think that the best is to use a custom field for the "subvariant" color instead of a characteristic.
It will generate you less products so it will be easier to configure and manage.
Otherwise, you can create your variants with the prices and use the "duplicate" button to create the "subvariants".
To duplicate a variant you need to check one or several checkbox in the variant list ; then you will be able to duplicate them.
(Note that you will be able to select several values for the characteristic modification in order to duplicate the product for many variants in one single shot).
Regards,
I think that the best is to use a custom field for the "subvariant" color instead of a characteristic.
It will generate you less products so it will be easier to configure and manage.
Otherwise, you can create your variants with the prices and use the "duplicate" button to create the "subvariants".
To duplicate a variant you need to check one or several checkbox in the variant list ; then you will be able to duplicate them.
(Note that you will be able to select several values for the characteristic modification in order to duplicate the product for many variants in one single shot).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds