- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
category child pages display is diffferent
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 1 month ago #211114
by aimlesslady
category child pages display is diffferent was created by aimlesslady
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.40
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 39.0.3
On my home page, I have the categories for all categories displayed. When i click on an item, it goes to the category that lists the subcategories in that category, and the url has category/ (name of category, ie http://domainname/category/all-natural-beef-selections).Then if I click on a subcategory, it lists the products, and again the url has category/ (name of subcategory, ie http://domainname/category/gourmet-beef-cuts.
I also have a sidebar menu that links directly to the individual category and subcategories. The url on those pages include the category name (for category page, ie. http://domainname/beef) and category name/subcategory name (for subcategory pages ie. http://domainname/beef/gourmet-beef-cuts).
The layout is different on the 2 ways to reach those pages. I want them consistent, but I don't know what is dictating the size of the image and margins on the pages that have the url with category/ in it.
Any help would be appreciated.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.40
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 39.0.3
On my home page, I have the categories for all categories displayed. When i click on an item, it goes to the category that lists the subcategories in that category, and the url has category/ (name of category, ie http://domainname/category/all-natural-beef-selections).Then if I click on a subcategory, it lists the products, and again the url has category/ (name of subcategory, ie http://domainname/category/gourmet-beef-cuts.
I also have a sidebar menu that links directly to the individual category and subcategories. The url on those pages include the category name (for category page, ie. http://domainname/beef) and category name/subcategory name (for subcategory pages ie. http://domainname/beef/gourmet-beef-cuts).
The layout is different on the 2 ways to reach those pages. I want them consistent, but I don't know what is dictating the size of the image and margins on the pages that have the url with category/ in it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211120
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic category child pages display is diffferent
Hi,
Your homepage is made with a category listing menu item.
That's what is dictating the display of the sub categories listing (same as the main categories listing).
So you can edit your homepage menu item via the menu Display>Content menus and change the settings there if you want to change the display of the sub categories listing.
Note that you can also enter the URL of the sidebar menu in the categories' canonical URL setting, and if you have the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting turned on in the HikaShop configuration, the system will use that URL instead on your homepage too.
Your homepage is made with a category listing menu item.
That's what is dictating the display of the sub categories listing (same as the main categories listing).
So you can edit your homepage menu item via the menu Display>Content menus and change the settings there if you want to change the display of the sub categories listing.
Note that you can also enter the URL of the sidebar menu in the categories' canonical URL setting, and if you have the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting turned on in the HikaShop configuration, the system will use that URL instead on your homepage too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aimlesslady
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds