- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 0
Revealing backend fields on frontend?
11 years 1 month ago #211509
by exlemor
Revealing backend fields on frontend? was created by exlemor
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.lotuswithingallery.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 8.0.7
Hi there,
I have a client that has filled in a nice spreadsheet with lots of data [weights, sizes etc] and we did an import and
everything went great...
For this client, the question of having dimensions and weights for some [probably all] of the pieces of art is important to have visible on the front-end next to the description area.
I REALIZE that I could have the client enter/re-enter all of the information in the Description field, but since the description is already up for some 200 products, I'd rather not have to redo all of that importing plus it means she'll have to do double data entry [once in the spreadsheet columns and again retyping everything in the description area]
SO that leads me to HOW do you elevate/make fields that are in the Product Area in the backend to be VISIBLE on the Front End of the Product Page - fields like Product Weight, Product Width (W), Product Height (H), Product Depth (D)...
It would be really awesome if you could just check a box in the backend and have that field exposed on the front end with a CSS ID or CLASS so that it can be moved / manipulated as needed...
Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
P.S.; [I thought I had already posted this but I went through the last 200+ most recent posts and I couldn't find it - I apologize in advance if this became a duplicate]
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 8.0.7
Hi there,
I have a client that has filled in a nice spreadsheet with lots of data [weights, sizes etc] and we did an import and
everything went great...
For this client, the question of having dimensions and weights for some [probably all] of the pieces of art is important to have visible on the front-end next to the description area.
I REALIZE that I could have the client enter/re-enter all of the information in the Description field, but since the description is already up for some 200 products, I'd rather not have to redo all of that importing plus it means she'll have to do double data entry [once in the spreadsheet columns and again retyping everything in the description area]
SO that leads me to HOW do you elevate/make fields that are in the Product Area in the backend to be VISIBLE on the Front End of the Product Page - fields like Product Weight, Product Width (W), Product Height (H), Product Depth (D)...
It would be really awesome if you could just check a box in the backend and have that field exposed on the front end with a CSS ID or CLASS so that it can be moved / manipulated as needed...
Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
P.S.; [I thought I had already posted this but I went through the last 200+ most recent posts and I couldn't find it - I apologize in advance if this became a duplicate]
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211553
by lousyfool
Hi,
And sorry, it's actually not one but two buttons you'll have to click in the backend: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#main_product
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Revealing backend fields on frontend?
exlemor wrote: ... if you could just check a box in the backend ...
Hi,
And sorry, it's actually not one but two buttons you'll have to click in the backend: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#main_product
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211560
by exlemor
Replied by exlemor on topic Revealing backend fields on frontend?
Thank you LousyFool, I guess I missed the update on that - even though it probably was at version 2.1 that they added it 
It would be great to have 1 place with EVERY feature that has a search box which leads you to exactly the right place with picture/explanation...
Cheers and thanks again!
Emmanuel.
It would be great to have 1 place with EVERY feature that has a search box which leads you to exactly the right place with picture/explanation...
Cheers and thanks again!
Emmanuel.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by exlemor.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds