- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 1
Products all dissapeared
11 years 3 weeks ago #213971
by Geor
Products all dissapeared was created by Geor
-- url of the page with the problem -- : georld.com/store
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
Hello everyone,
Whilst working with the currency switcher mode,I was on my module manager in joomla.
I trashed a module,and once I entered the trash there was two modules (along with the one I just deleted) that had bizarre names,but were associated with Hikashop products (basically it was something like Hikashop products 231 random number).
So I reckoned that I should empty the trash,and after I did that all my products disappeared. The products still exist in the products section in the hikashop control panel,but they are invisible in the website. What did I do? :S
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
Hello everyone,
Whilst working with the currency switcher mode,I was on my module manager in joomla.
I trashed a module,and once I entered the trash there was two modules (along with the one I just deleted) that had bizarre names,but were associated with Hikashop products (basically it was something like Hikashop products 231 random number).
So I reckoned that I should empty the trash,and after I did that all my products disappeared. The products still exist in the products section in the hikashop control panel,but they are invisible in the website. What did I do? :S
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213986
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products all dissapeared
Hi,
When you create a category listing menu item, an associated products listing module is linked to it so that products can be displayed when you click on a category.
If you delete that module, you won't see products anymore when you click on a category of that menu item.
So you need to go in the menu Display>Content menus in the backend of HikaShop and edit your category listing menu. There, you might directly get a message telling you what I wrote above with a link to automatically recreate the associated module. If you do, click on the link and save and you'll be done fixing that.
Otherwise, you'll have to select another associated products listing module there.
You can read more about all that here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
When you create a category listing menu item, an associated products listing module is linked to it so that products can be displayed when you click on a category.
If you delete that module, you won't see products anymore when you click on a category of that menu item.
So you need to go in the menu Display>Content menus in the backend of HikaShop and edit your category listing menu. There, you might directly get a message telling you what I wrote above with a link to automatically recreate the associated module. If you do, click on the link and save and you'll be done fixing that.
Otherwise, you'll have to select another associated products listing module there.
You can read more about all that here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #214011
by Geor
Replied by Geor on topic Products all dissapeared
That was it ! Thank you very much! 
I do not understand though. This module is disabled. But the products do appear. Why is that?
I do not understand though. This module is disabled. But the products do appear. Why is that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #214018
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Products all dissapeared
Hi,
When you associate the module with the menu in hikashop, it does not use the global publish status but a local one regarding the menu.
But all that kind of stuff will become an old story (but just for joomla 3) thanks to hikashop 2.6 and the new module/menu edition.
Regards,
When you associate the module with the menu in hikashop, it does not use the global publish status but a local one regarding the menu.
But all that kind of stuff will become an old story (but just for joomla 3) thanks to hikashop 2.6 and the new module/menu edition.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds