- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristic setup
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #214573
by wernejo
Characteristic setup was created by wernejo
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
Hi,
I'm having a little trouble setting up the characteristics for one of my products. The product is a hamper pack and shoppers have the choice of picking 3 of the items they would like to add to the hamper. However, some hampers will have as many as 10 different extras to chose from but can only pick 3.
So far the only way I can figure out how to do this is to set up 3 sets of identical characteristics and then set up all the different possible combinations of those variants under the product configuration. This means setting up 220 different lots of variants per product.
I'm sure there would be a much easier way to do this but I've got no idea how to do this. I've looked through all the guides and demos but can't figure out how it would be done. None of the prices would change when you select a different option.
Any help would be fantastic, thanks!
Hi,
I'm having a little trouble setting up the characteristics for one of my products. The product is a hamper pack and shoppers have the choice of picking 3 of the items they would like to add to the hamper. However, some hampers will have as many as 10 different extras to chose from but can only pick 3.
So far the only way I can figure out how to do this is to set up 3 sets of identical characteristics and then set up all the different possible combinations of those variants under the product configuration. This means setting up 220 different lots of variants per product.
I'm sure there would be a much easier way to do this but I've got no idea how to do this. I've looked through all the guides and demos but can't figure out how it would be done. None of the prices would change when you select a different option.
Any help would be fantastic, thanks!
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by wernejo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214603
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristic setup
Hi,
Characteristics are indeed not ideal for what you want to do due to the amount of variants.
Instead, you should create three options (with 10 variants each). That will be much easier to handle.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
Characteristics are indeed not ideal for what you want to do due to the amount of variants.
Instead, you should create three options (with 10 variants each). That will be much easier to handle.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214780
by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Characteristic setup
Thanks for your help. I've purchased the essentials edition of Hikashop and have set up the options as recommended but I'm getting errors when trying to submit an order.
I've setup a characteristic with 10 variants then created 3 products each with the same variants. Then I've added those 3 products as options to the main product. Each of these products and variants have unlimited quantity and are all free (except for the main product) but when I select the 3 different options i want for the main product and click add to cart, I get an orange error message saying that each of the options are unavailable.
Can you please tell me what I've done wrong and how to fix it?
I've setup a characteristic with 10 variants then created 3 products each with the same variants. Then I've added those 3 products as options to the main product. Each of these products and variants have unlimited quantity and are all free (except for the main product) but when I select the 3 different options i want for the main product and click add to cart, I get an orange error message saying that each of the options are unavailable.
Can you please tell me what I've done wrong and how to fix it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214808
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristic setup
Hi,
It's probably because you have the "display add to cart button for free products" setting turned off in your HikaShop configuration and thus you're not allowed to add free products to the cart.
It's probably because you have the "display add to cart button for free products" setting turned off in your HikaShop configuration and thus you're not allowed to add free products to the cart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wernejo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214895
by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Characteristic setup
Thanks for that. I had seen the setting before on one of the other website I've built but didn't think of that :pinch:
I've now got everything working the way I want but for some reason the prices aren't showing in the emails that are sent to the customer and the shop owner.
As you can see the only time the price is displayed is for the grand total and not the unit price or the unit total. Is there another setting that I need to change or is there something I haven't configured yet? This is the 1st time I've seen Hikashop do this before. Any ideas whats going on?
I've now got everything working the way I want but for some reason the prices aren't showing in the emails that are sent to the customer and the shop owner.
As you can see the only time the price is displayed is for the grand total and not the unit price or the unit total. Is there another setting that I need to change or is there something I haven't configured yet? This is the 1st time I've seen Hikashop do this before. Any ideas whats going on?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214899
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Characteristic setup
Hi,
What is your HikaShop version number ?
Do you have overrides for that email ?
Regards,
What is your HikaShop version number ?
Do you have overrides for that email ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #215016
by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Characteristic setup
I've got no overrides as far as I'm aware.
I downloaded and installed the free version of HikaShop 2.5.0 and then got HikaShop Essential: 2.5.0 and installed that over the top of the free version. The free version was installed using the sample data as this is set up as a testing environment before I put it onto my client's website.
I downloaded and installed the free version of HikaShop 2.5.0 and then got HikaShop Essential: 2.5.0 and installed that over the top of the free version. The free version was installed using the sample data as this is set up as a testing environment before I put it onto my client's website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 week ago #215096
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristic setup
Hi,
That's strange.
Just in case, try to download again the 2.5.0 install package via the menu My account>My subscriptions on our website and install it on yours.
Maybe that will fix that.
If not, please provide a backend access with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can check your settings.
That's strange.
Just in case, try to download again the 2.5.0 install package via the menu My account>My subscriptions on our website and install it on yours.
Maybe that will fix that.
If not, please provide a backend access with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can check your settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds