- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
Update to 2.6.0 destroyed product layout
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 11 months ago #216667
by trogladyte
Update to 2.6.0 destroyed product layout was created by trogladyte
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.digitalguarddawg.com/automobiles-tru...art-automotive/pbs-i
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
I had the product pages looking great, then updated to to 2.6.0. Now they're a shambles and I have no clue how to fix them. I have posted a number of times about this problem and have tried all the answers in those but it's still a mess. I really don't understand the logic behind making this simple thing so difficult to accomplish.
Look forward to an answer. Thanks.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
I had the product pages looking great, then updated to to 2.6.0. Now they're a shambles and I have no clue how to fix them. I have posted a number of times about this problem and have tried all the answers in those but it's still a mess. I really don't understand the logic behind making this simple thing so difficult to accomplish.
Look forward to an answer. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216676
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update to 2.6.0 destroyed product layout
Hi,
I don't see how this has anything to do with the update of HikaShop.
First, the product layout looks like the default one of HikaShop for the product page, so updating wouldn't change it.
Second, if you modify the product layout via the menu Display>Views like we recommend, the layout changes are stored as template overrides and thus you don't loose them when you update.
Third, the only issue I see is the dropdowns which takes too much width on your product page: take.ms/WV1WY
And that can easily be solved with basic CSS code you can add in your Joomla template:
#hikashop_product_options select{
width: 260px;
}
I don't see how this has anything to do with the update of HikaShop.
First, the product layout looks like the default one of HikaShop for the product page, so updating wouldn't change it.
Second, if you modify the product layout via the menu Display>Views like we recommend, the layout changes are stored as template overrides and thus you don't loose them when you update.
Third, the only issue I see is the dropdowns which takes too much width on your product page: take.ms/WV1WY
And that can easily be solved with basic CSS code you can add in your Joomla template:
#hikashop_product_options select{
width: 260px;
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: trogladyte
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 11 months ago #216756
by trogladyte
Replied by trogladyte on topic Update to 2.6.0 destroyed product layout
Thanks Nicolas, that fixed it. I was a bit surprised to see this happen, and I don't really understand why, but it was all good, then I did the 2.5 --> 2.6 upgrade and then it wasn't. Yet that little piece of CSS fixed it. Thanks again!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds