- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
Specifications in checkout and emails
10 years 11 months ago #218779
by wernejo
Specifications in checkout and emails was created by wernejo
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
Hi,
I was hoping you could just give me some quick help on what the correct code is to make the product specifications appear with the product in both the checkout and in the email that gets sent out.
I've looked at the tutorial www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html and understand what I need to do but just wanted to check with you what the correct code would be.
Thanks.
Hi,
I was hoping you could just give me some quick help on what the correct code is to make the product specifications appear with the product in both the checkout and in the email that gets sent out.
I've looked at the tutorial www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html and understand what I need to do but just wanted to check with you what the correct code would be.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218836
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Specifications in checkout and emails
Hi,
The view to edit to display the informations in the cart of the checkout is "checkout / cart".
And for the emails, you can edit them directly via our menu System > Emails.
So the specifications on the product page are the product dimensions and custom product fields.
To display that you can use this kind of code:
The view to edit to display the informations in the cart of the checkout is "checkout / cart".
And for the emails, you can edit them directly via our menu System > Emails.
So the specifications on the product page are the product dimensions and custom product fields.
To display that you can use this kind of code:
Code:
echo $this->row->product_width;
echo $this->row->product_height;
echo $this->row->product_length;
echo $this->row->customfieldname;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218917
by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Specifications in checkout and emails
I've given that a try but with no luck.
I tried copying the code from the other parts of the site where the specifications do appear but with no luck.
I tried copying the code from the other parts of the site where the specifications do appear but with no luck.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218922
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Specifications in checkout and emails
Hi,
My bad, in the view "checkout / cart" the code to use is only:
And must be placed in the foreach listing the products, and of course the "customfieldname" must be replaced by your custom product field column name
My bad, in the view "checkout / cart" the code to use is only:
Code:
echo $row->product_width;
echo $row->product_height;
echo $row->product_length;
echo $row->customfieldname;
And must be placed in the foreach listing the products, and of course the "customfieldname" must be replaced by your custom product field column name
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #219114
by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Specifications in checkout and emails
Thanks for your help, that worked!
The only thing is that I'm still having a little trouble getting it to work in the emails.
I understand that I need to add in a "LINEVAR" in the HTML version to call up the <?php echo $row->packincludes; ?> code that is in the Preload version but I can't seem to get it working. could you please have a look at my code and let me know if it's correct?
HTML Version
Preload Version
The only thing is that I'm still having a little trouble getting it to work in the emails.
I understand that I need to add in a "LINEVAR" in the HTML version to call up the <?php echo $row->packincludes; ?> code that is in the Preload version but I can't seem to get it working. could you please have a look at my code and let me know if it's correct?
HTML Version
Code:
<!--{START:PRODUCT_LINE}-->
<tr>
<td style="border-bottom:1px solid #ddd;padding-bottom:3px;">
{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_IMG}
{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_NAME}<!--{IF:ORDER_PRODUCT_CODE}--> {LINEVAR:PRODUCT_CODE}<!--{ENDIF:ORDER_PRODUCT_CODE}-->
{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_DOWNLOAD}
{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_DETAILS}
{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_SPECS}
</td>
<td style="border-bottom:1px solid #ddd;padding-bottom:3px;text-align:right">{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_PRICE}</td>
<td style="border-bottom:1px solid #ddd;padding-bottom:3px;text-align:right">{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_QUANTITY}</td>
<td style="border-bottom:1px solid #ddd;padding-bottom:3px;text-align:right">{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_TOTAL}</td>
</tr>
<!--{END:PRODUCT_LINE}-->
Preload Version
Code:
$cartProduct['PRODUCT_SPECS'] = $row->packincludes;
$cartProduct['PRODUCT_PRICE'] = $unit_price;
$cartProduct['PRODUCT_TOTAL'] = $total_price;
$cartProducts[] = $cartProduct;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #219115
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Specifications in checkout and emails
Hi,
If you look at the code in the preload before these lines, it's not $row that you need to use but $item instead.
If you look at the code in the preload before these lines, it's not $row that you need to use but $item instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #219210
by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Specifications in checkout and emails
I've made the changes as you mentioned, but I still can't get it to work.
This is the code I'm using for the preloaded section, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any Ideas?
This is the code I'm using for the preloaded section, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any Ideas?
Code:
$cartProduct = array(
'PRODUCT_CODE' => $item->order_product_code,
'PRODUCT_QUANTITY' => $item->order_product_quantity,
'PRODUCT_IMG' => '',
'item' => $item,
'product' => $product,
'PRODUCT_SPECS' => $item->packincludes,
);
$cartProduct['PRODUCT_SPECS'] = $item->packincludes;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #219239
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Specifications in checkout and emails
Hi,
So it must be a problem with the custom field.
I thought it was a custom item field.
But maybe you're talking about a custom product field ?
In that case, you need to load the product data like that:
So it must be a problem with the custom field.
I thought it was a custom item field.
But maybe you're talking about a custom product field ?
In that case, you need to load the product data like that:
Code:
$class = hikashop_get('class.product');
$product = $class->get($item->product_id);
$cartProduct['PRODUCT_SPECS'] = $product->packincludes;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #219312
by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Specifications in checkout and emails
That worked perfectly!
thank you so much for your help
thank you so much for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds