acl inheret on price
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 10 months ago #221295
by nico.van.leeuwen
acl inheret on price was created by nico.van.leeuwen
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
Hi,
To show logged in customers the price of products I have create a joomla user group "customers" and all the customers are in their own child customer group with the "customer" group as parent.
So :
customers (joomla user group)
- customer 1
- customer 2
Now on the products I have set the acl of the price to the group "customers".
In my settings under "configuration > access level" I see that the setting here is "inherent group access levels" is set to yes.
Unfortunately when I set the acl on a price to the "customers" group I would expect that the users in the group "customers 1" would also see the price, but they don't.
My question is now: did I understand this setting wrong?
Or should I change something extra?
Thanks,
Nico
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
Hi,
To show logged in customers the price of products I have create a joomla user group "customers" and all the customers are in their own child customer group with the "customer" group as parent.
So :
customers (joomla user group)
- customer 1
- customer 2
Now on the products I have set the acl of the price to the group "customers".
In my settings under "configuration > access level" I see that the setting here is "inherent group access levels" is set to yes.
Unfortunately when I set the acl on a price to the "customers" group I would expect that the users in the group "customers 1" would also see the price, but they don't.
My question is now: did I understand this setting wrong?
Or should I change something extra?
Thanks,
Nico
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221439
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic acl inheret on price
Hi,
What "Inherit group access levels" are you talking about ?
The HikaShop ACL on price does not use any inherit ; you have to select the exact groups that you want to give the access to the price.
Regards,
What "Inherit group access levels" are you talking about ?
The HikaShop ACL on price does not use any inherit ; you have to select the exact groups that you want to give the access to the price.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
10 years 10 months ago #221502
by nico.van.leeuwen
Replied by nico.van.leeuwen on topic [SOLVED] acl inheret on price
Hi Jerome,
I found out what's the cause of my problem, not sure if it's a feature or a bug
I imported the values for the acl on the prices and looking in the database this gave a result like "group1,group2".
When I looked in the backend at the product, the acl's on the price looked fine, just like I would expect.
Unfortunately this did not work in the frontend.
When I changed the values of the acl on the price, just turning them off and on and then saving the product, it worked again in the frontend.
Looking in the database again, the value was changed to ",group1,group2," (added 2 extra comma's).
So I solved my issue, but not sure what the thing is with those 2 extra comma's.
Maybe you know why they are needed or infuencing the behavior on the fron end?
Thanks for your answer,
Nico
I found out what's the cause of my problem, not sure if it's a feature or a bug
I imported the values for the acl on the prices and looking in the database this gave a result like "group1,group2".
When I looked in the backend at the product, the acl's on the price looked fine, just like I would expect.
Unfortunately this did not work in the frontend.
When I changed the values of the acl on the price, just turning them off and on and then saving the product, it worked again in the frontend.
Looking in the database again, the value was changed to ",group1,group2," (added 2 extra comma's).
So I solved my issue, but not sure what the thing is with those 2 extra comma's.
Maybe you know why they are needed or infuencing the behavior on the fron end?
Thanks for your answer,
Nico
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221509
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic [SOLVED] acl inheret on price
Hi,
The comas are used by the SQL query.
When HikaShop load the prices for the user specific group ; it use some kind of SQL "trick" in order to gain performances ; so it looks for the group between comas (so you're sure that you do not catch a wrong group).
How did you exactly imported the prices ? Using the HikaShop import ? Using a mass action ?
Regards,
The comas are used by the SQL query.
When HikaShop load the prices for the user specific group ; it use some kind of SQL "trick" in order to gain performances ; so it looks for the group between comas (so you're sure that you do not catch a wrong group).
How did you exactly imported the prices ? Using the HikaShop import ? Using a mass action ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
10 years 10 months ago #221563
by nico.van.leeuwen
Replied by nico.van.leeuwen on topic [SOLVED] acl inheret on price
Hi Jerome,
I used CSVi for this.
In the latest version from last saturday this issue is solved (CSVi Pro 6.4.2).
Nico
I used CSVi for this.
In the latest version from last saturday this issue is solved (CSVi Pro 6.4.2).
Nico
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds