Layout on product page not working
10 years 10 months ago #221654
by grayt7
Layout on product page not working was created by grayt7
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
Hi,
When I select a different layout on the category setting for a category it just doesn't work? It used to, but now just the default is used regardless of what options as selected on the category.
Many thanks.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
Hi,
When I select a different layout on the category setting for a category it just doesn't work? It used to, but now just the default is used regardless of what options as selected on the category.
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221658
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Layout on product page not working
Hi,
Could you provide some screenshots of two categories configured with the different layouts and two links on your website for these two categories so that we can see the problem ?
Note that if you set something in the products themselves, it overrides what you can set in the categories so please check on that too.
Could you provide some screenshots of two categories configured with the different layouts and two links on your website for these two categories so that we can see the problem ?
Note that if you set something in the products themselves, it overrides what you can set in the categories so please check on that too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221754
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Layout on product page not working
HI,
Ok I have traced the issue down to the "inherit" feature of display layout setting.
e.g.
Master Category - Layout Tabular
-Sub Category - Layout inherit (Product don't display tabular and just use default)
-Sub Category - Layout Tabular (products display tabular)
It seems the inherit feature isn't working. I have hundreds of sub categories that need a new layout but I don't want to change each category, surely the inherit feature means I can change the parent category and all the children will follow?
Many thanks.
Ok I have traced the issue down to the "inherit" feature of display layout setting.
e.g.
Master Category - Layout Tabular
-Sub Category - Layout inherit (Product don't display tabular and just use default)
-Sub Category - Layout Tabular (products display tabular)
It seems the inherit feature isn't working. I have hundreds of sub categories that need a new layout but I don't want to change each category, surely the inherit feature means I can change the parent category and all the children will follow?
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221759
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Layout on product page not working
Hi,
The inherit takes its value from the main configuration of HikaShop, not on the main category.
So you have to change the settings in Configuration > Display > Products.
The inherit takes its value from the main configuration of HikaShop, not on the main category.
So you have to change the settings in Configuration > Display > Products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221906
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Layout on product page not working
Ahh ok that's not how I was expecting it to work. OK thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds