Canonical URL Auto populated issue
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #221756
by grayt7
Canonical URL Auto populated issue was created by grayt7
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
Hi,
in my configuration I have set this:
Force canonical URLs on listings = Use Canonical URL if specified
However, my product Canonical URL keeps getting auto populated by the system? Is that normal behavior?
Many thanks.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
Hi,
in my configuration I have set this:
Force canonical URLs on listings = Use Canonical URL if specified
However, my product Canonical URL keeps getting auto populated by the system? Is that normal behavior?
Many thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by grayt7.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221761
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
Hi,
Are you sure that they were all cleared before your tests ?
They should indeed not be this kind of population.
Are you sure that they were all cleared before your tests ?
They should indeed not be this kind of population.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221905
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
HI,
Yes I have tried clearing out the canonical URL, saving the product then visiting the product on the front of the site. Once going back to the product in the admin the canonical URL has been automatically filled out?
Yes I have tried clearing out the canonical URL, saving the product then visiting the product on the front of the site. Once going back to the product in the admin the canonical URL has been automatically filled out?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221940
by lesyeux
Replied by lesyeux on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
Yes, I can confirm this behavior (Hikashop 2.6.0 / Joomla 3.4.5)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221956
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
Hi,
If the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting is not set to generate the URLs and save them, then it won't auto fill the canonical URLs.
The only things left I can think about area:
- a third party plugin/extension filling the canonical URLs automatically for some reason
- a mass action configured to fill the canonical URL automatically. Try to disable them.
I've tried to reproduce the problem on our end but I don't have it. If the option is turned off, I'm not able to have the "canonical URL" filled automatically.
If the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting is not set to generate the URLs and save them, then it won't auto fill the canonical URLs.
The only things left I can think about area:
- a third party plugin/extension filling the canonical URLs automatically for some reason
- a mass action configured to fill the canonical URL automatically. Try to disable them.
I've tried to reproduce the problem on our end but I don't have it. If the option is turned off, I'm not able to have the "canonical URL" filled automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222073
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
Hi,
I can confirm this happens on more than one installation.
- a third party plugin/extension filling the canonical URLs automatically for some reason.
There are no such third party plugins installed?
- a mass action configured to fill the canonical URL automatically. Try to disable them.
There are no mass actions setup.
Many thanks.
I can confirm this happens on more than one installation.
- a third party plugin/extension filling the canonical URLs automatically for some reason.
There are no such third party plugins installed?
- a mass action configured to fill the canonical URL automatically. Try to disable them.
There are no mass actions setup.
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222107
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
Hi,
Please provide a backend access and a FTP access to the website so that we can look at this.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please provide a backend access and a FTP access to the website so that we can look at this.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222251
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
Hi,
I've removed the canonical URL from the product
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
on your website and the canonical URL hasn't been set by HikaShop. And the URL on the products listing is the new URL (that is different from the canonical URL as it is now SEFed).
So I'm not able to reproduce the problem on your website.
Could you provide a precise procedure in order to reproduce the problem ?
I've removed the canonical URL from the product
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
on your website and the canonical URL hasn't been set by HikaShop. And the URL on the products listing is the new URL (that is different from the canonical URL as it is now SEFed).
So I'm not able to reproduce the problem on your website.
Could you provide a precise procedure in order to reproduce the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222261
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
Ok I'm not sure you've got the issue.
edit this product:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=edit&cid[]=7228
then remove the canonical URL, save and close it.
Then visit the product on the front of the site:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=7228&name=reflex-foam-mattress&Itemid=553
Then go back to the admin and open the product again.
Notice the canonical URL has been filled out? Even though the system is set NOT to fill out the canonical URL?
The issue with what you've done in your post is that you've turned on SEF and now all the URLS pick up a new canonical, meaning that when SEF is turned off the products don't work.
Thanks
edit this product:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=edit&cid[]=7228
then remove the canonical URL, save and close it.
Then visit the product on the front of the site:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=7228&name=reflex-foam-mattress&Itemid=553
Then go back to the admin and open the product again.
Notice the canonical URL has been filled out? Even though the system is set NOT to fill out the canonical URL?
The issue with what you've done in your post is that you've turned on SEF and now all the URLS pick up a new canonical, meaning that when SEF is turned off the products don't work.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222473
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Canonical URL Auto populated issue
Hi,
Problem solved ! There was indeed a missing check in the file "components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php", function "show".
We added the fix on your end and will add it to the next release of HikaShop.
Problem solved ! There was indeed a missing check in the file "components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php", function "show".
We added the fix on your end and will add it to the next release of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds