- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
Vertical characteristics display
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 10 months ago #223319
by PaulLenton
Vertical characteristics display was created by PaulLenton
-- url of the page with the problem -- : local copy
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0 business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 46.0.2490.86
Can someone please refresh my memory on a small issue with characteristics display.
I am just setting up a new web site on my local machine and cant remember how to display the characteristics vertically. It's working on my old site www.billbo.co.uk/index.php/bugs/standard-bugs/budget-bug-gb1 .
I have copied the css from the old site for the front end layout but this hasn't altered the characteristics.
Thanks
Paul
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0 business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 46.0.2490.86
Can someone please refresh my memory on a small issue with characteristics display.
I am just setting up a new web site on my local machine and cant remember how to display the characteristics vertically. It's working on my old site www.billbo.co.uk/index.php/bugs/standard-bugs/budget-bug-gb1 .
I have copied the css from the old site for the front end layout but this hasn't altered the characteristics.
Thanks
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #223332
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Vertical characteristics display
Hello Paul,
What do you exactly mean by "How to display the characteristics vertically" ?
Note that you can control the way your characteristics will be displayed by using the "Characteristics selection method" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main".
Can you show me what you have and what you exactly want through some screenshots for example ?
Thanks.
What do you exactly mean by "How to display the characteristics vertically" ?
Note that you can control the way your characteristics will be displayed by using the "Characteristics selection method" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main".
Can you show me what you have and what you exactly want through some screenshots for example ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #223437
by PaulLenton
Replied by PaulLenton on topic Vertical characteristics display
Hi Mohamed,
I have attached 3 pictures.
Layout 1 is the one I DONT WONT
Layout 2 is whats on my live site www.billbo.co.uk/index.php/bugs/standard-bugs/budget-bug-gb1
Layout 3 is what I would really want when there are too many characteristics or if I use two different sets of characteristics.
Thanks
Paul
I have attached 3 pictures.
Layout 1 is the one I DONT WONT
Layout 2 is whats on my live site www.billbo.co.uk/index.php/bugs/standard-bugs/budget-bug-gb1
Layout 3 is what I would really want when there are too many characteristics or if I use two different sets of characteristics.
Thanks
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223469
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Vertical characteristics display
Hi,
There is no "layout 1" attached to your message.
And I already see your characteristic values displayed vertically on your website.
But there is no easy method to put the values on two columns.
You would have to edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php to handle that. But it won't be easy as the radios are displayed automatically by Joomla and thus you would have to change that to display the radios yourself. Of course a developer won't have a problem doing it, but it's still a bit of work.
There is no "layout 1" attached to your message.
And I already see your characteristic values displayed vertically on your website.
But there is no easy method to put the values on two columns.
You would have to edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php to handle that. But it won't be easy as the radios are displayed automatically by Joomla and thus you would have to change that to display the radios yourself. Of course a developer won't have a problem doing it, but it's still a bit of work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #223706
by PaulLenton
Replied by PaulLenton on topic Vertical characteristics display
Hi Nicolas,
I have attached layout 1 now.
My live site is correct its my development site that I am trying to sort out.
Layout 2 is the development site.
Paul
I have attached layout 1 now.
My live site is correct its my development site that I am trying to sort out.
Layout 2 is the development site.
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223726
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Vertical characteristics display
Hi,
That vertical display is done with the CSS on your live website:
So I can only recommend you to check that this CSS is still on your test website.
That vertical display is done with the CSS on your live website:
Code:
.hikashop_product_characteristics_table input {
float: left;
clear: both;
}
.hikashop_product_characteristics_table label {
display: block;
align: right;
float: left;
padding-left: 3px;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #223846
by PaulLenton
Replied by PaulLenton on topic Vertical characteristics display
Hi Nicolas,
My css is the same as below so I changed the below and for some reason it works but if I use float: left or right it doesnt.
.hikashop_product_characteristics_table label {
display: block;
align: right;
float: left; <
(this to float none)
padding-left: 3px;
}
My css is the same as below so I changed the below and for some reason it works but if I use float: left or right it doesnt.
.hikashop_product_characteristics_table label {
display: block;
align: right;
float: left; <
(this to float none)
padding-left: 3px;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds