- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
Create a second range of related products
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 9 months ago #224314
by PeterChain
Create a second range of related products was created by PeterChain
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
I thought I could manage this with Options until I finally had a wider scope and understood they cannot be used for this:
I want my products to have two ranges of related products: BASIC and PREMIUM
So basic related products would be shown in a module while premium products would be shown in another one.
This related products will be also sold separately so they are no "options" for a main product.
Would be something like "if you like this you may also buy this other thing", but is not like an "upgrade to this for few money", is about If you buy product A you could buy product b and product c but cool people would buy BB and CC
How can this be achieved? Can a custom field be created to store lists of related products?
I thought I could manage this with Options until I finally had a wider scope and understood they cannot be used for this:
I want my products to have two ranges of related products: BASIC and PREMIUM
So basic related products would be shown in a module while premium products would be shown in another one.
This related products will be also sold separately so they are no "options" for a main product.
Would be something like "if you like this you may also buy this other thing", but is not like an "upgrade to this for few money", is about If you buy product A you could buy product b and product c but cool people would buy BB and CC
How can this be achieved? Can a custom field be created to store lists of related products?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #224325
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create a second range of related products
Hi,
There is no system to do that. You would have to modify the code loading the products in the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php so that it would add a condition on the query loading the products based on custom fields or something.
There is no system to do that. You would have to modify the code loading the products in the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php so that it would add a condition on the query loading the products based on custom fields or something.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds