- Posts: 608
- Thank you received: 13
Canonical URL not producing the correct path
- mohairbears
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 8 months ago #227550
by mohairbears
Canonical URL not producing the correct path was created by mohairbears
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
Hi, I have an issue with the canonical URL's that are auto generated.
I have been having problems getting them to work and I appear to have identified the problem as a simple word error if this makes sense.
These 2 URL's taken from the canonical in the category.
This one does not work www.mohairbearmakingsupplies.co.uk/compo...tegory/plastic-noses
And this one works www.mohairbearmakingsupplies.co.uk/compo...-noses/plastic-noses
As you can see the word 'category' seems to be the blocker and the links will only work correctly when the correct category name (teddy-bear-noses) is in the canonical URL
I have a feeling there may be a setting that I am unaware of to correct this?
thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
Hi, I have an issue with the canonical URL's that are auto generated.
I have been having problems getting them to work and I appear to have identified the problem as a simple word error if this makes sense.
These 2 URL's taken from the canonical in the category.
This one does not work www.mohairbearmakingsupplies.co.uk/compo...tegory/plastic-noses
And this one works www.mohairbearmakingsupplies.co.uk/compo...-noses/plastic-noses
As you can see the word 'category' seems to be the blocker and the links will only work correctly when the correct category name (teddy-bear-noses) is in the canonical URL
I have a feeling there may be a setting that I am unaware of to correct this?
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227558
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Canonical URL not producing the correct path
Hi,
See:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#features_sef
The canonical URL is fill by the product listing display you made.
If the canonical is not generated right due to wrong listing you are performing ; you need to clean the canonical and perform right product listings. You can also set the canonical URL manually.
Regards,
See:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#features_sef
The canonical URL is fill by the product listing display you made.
If the canonical is not generated right due to wrong listing you are performing ; you need to clean the canonical and perform right product listings. You can also set the canonical URL manually.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds