- Posts: 73
- Thank you received: 2
Huge amount of duplicates
10 years 8 months ago #228526
by mypetfly
Huge amount of duplicates was created by mypetfly
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 41.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No errors
Hello, I have about 80 products on my site, but as I see there are HUGE amount of duplicates for these products.
For example, I need some products to have short urls (I use these links for print advertisement). I've created menu items of type single product and set aliases for this menu items. So, I have featured several products by short urls like this:
travelsat.com.au/clearsat-3240
The same product is possible to find in list of all products: travelsat.com.au/shop/all-products or here travelsat.com.au/shop/satellite-meters
The problem is that there are a lot of links that I don't understand why they exist - see my attached file.
There is also another type of problem. I see Google indexed a lot of pages like this travelsat.com.au/component/hikashop/product/ [product-alias]
I set canonical urls for all products and I see my canonical was inserted correctly. But for pages that have '/hikashop/product/' I see 2 canonical links - see my screenshot. I don't want Google to index such pages and I suppose it was indexed because of 2 canonicals.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 41.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No errors
Hello, I have about 80 products on my site, but as I see there are HUGE amount of duplicates for these products.
For example, I need some products to have short urls (I use these links for print advertisement). I've created menu items of type single product and set aliases for this menu items. So, I have featured several products by short urls like this:
travelsat.com.au/clearsat-3240
The same product is possible to find in list of all products: travelsat.com.au/shop/all-products or here travelsat.com.au/shop/satellite-meters
The problem is that there are a lot of links that I don't understand why they exist - see my attached file.
There is also another type of problem. I see Google indexed a lot of pages like this travelsat.com.au/component/hikashop/product/ [product-alias]
I set canonical urls for all products and I see my canonical was inserted correctly. But for pages that have '/hikashop/product/' I see 2 canonical links - see my screenshot. I don't want Google to index such pages and I suppose it was indexed because of 2 canonicals.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #228572
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Huge amount of duplicates
Hi,
Turn on the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and you'll have the canonical URL of your products used on the listings. That will avoid the duplicate URLs for the same product.
Also, it should hopefully avoid having different canonical URL tags in the header of the page. The second one is wrongly added by the Joomla SEF system and should be removed by deactivating the system SEF plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.
Turn on the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and you'll have the canonical URL of your products used on the listings. That will avoid the duplicate URLs for the same product.
Also, it should hopefully avoid having different canonical URL tags in the header of the page. The second one is wrongly added by the Joomla SEF system and should be removed by deactivating the system SEF plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds