- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 2
How to order prodcut listing ?!
10 years 7 months ago #230290
by vseva
How to order prodcut listing ?! was created by vseva
-- url of the page with the problem -- : product-listing
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N.A
Hi hikashop crew;
Wondering how do I order my prodcut listing page.
As everything is in the subcategory of main category (ex: women, men),
When I choose Direct sub elements, to reorder tthem, obviously nothing appears !
So could you please explain to me how this most basic, expected and not obvious function works please ?
I've search hi and low for some sort of knowledge base, but all I get in old post and no solution.
Help! It's detrimental that I can re-order my product listing page.
Thx
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N.A
Hi hikashop crew;
Wondering how do I order my prodcut listing page.
As everything is in the subcategory of main category (ex: women, men),
When I choose Direct sub elements, to reorder tthem, obviously nothing appears !
So could you please explain to me how this most basic, expected and not obvious function works please ?
I've search hi and low for some sort of knowledge base, but all I get in old post and no solution.
Help! It's detrimental that I can re-order my product listing page.
Thx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 7 months ago #230334
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to order prodcut listing ?!
Hello,
The solution will just be to use the "Ordering" option of the good product listing content menu/module, a solution can be to give us a link to the page where you are having that issue so that we can give you the ID of the content menu/module.
The solution will just be to use the "Ordering" option of the good product listing content menu/module, a solution can be to give us a link to the page where you are having that issue so that we can give you the ID of the content menu/module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230416
by vseva
Replied by vseva on topic How to order prodcut listing ?!
HI Mohammed !
Just to make my situation more clear, I have one main category : SHOP
then two subcategories: MEN , WOMEN
then many more subcategories in each: pants, shirts, jackets, .... In these direct subcategories I can order the products using Direct sub elements option and the order fields.
So when I look in source of the pages I find menu content id:
SHOP prodcut listing page, I find the module from the div's id: hikashop_category_information_menu_119
WOMEN is: hikashop_category_information_menu_211
And MEN is: hikashop_category_information_menu_148
So, i found the menu id (for SHOP(119) , MEN(148), WOMEN(211)) , opened them, go to hikashop options, but in there, beside some preset ordering options, which is only associated to the product table in the DB, I cannot set any custom re-ordering of the products in there , obivously.
And any Hikashop content modules associated to a menu item ID (only found one for WOMEN) , when changed , doesn't do a thing.
The only way I can think of re-ordering the products for parent category product listing pages is to set the Hikashop menu options to order by: date_modified, then open each and every product in the order I want them to appear and re-save them. Which is absolutely counterproductive, especially due to the number of products I have (over 500).
It should be as simple as clicking the product parent categories and simply fill in the order options then saving the order, but those options aren't available. Seems like a basic function if ask me.
Lets say I would want to have all the products with 'NEW' badge appear first on the SHOP product listing page, how would do that ?
Help?
here's the test site link .
Just to make my situation more clear, I have one main category : SHOP
then two subcategories: MEN , WOMEN
then many more subcategories in each: pants, shirts, jackets, .... In these direct subcategories I can order the products using Direct sub elements option and the order fields.
So when I look in source of the pages I find menu content id:
SHOP prodcut listing page, I find the module from the div's id: hikashop_category_information_menu_119
WOMEN is: hikashop_category_information_menu_211
And MEN is: hikashop_category_information_menu_148
So, i found the menu id (for SHOP(119) , MEN(148), WOMEN(211)) , opened them, go to hikashop options, but in there, beside some preset ordering options, which is only associated to the product table in the DB, I cannot set any custom re-ordering of the products in there , obivously.
And any Hikashop content modules associated to a menu item ID (only found one for WOMEN) , when changed , doesn't do a thing.
The only way I can think of re-ordering the products for parent category product listing pages is to set the Hikashop menu options to order by: date_modified, then open each and every product in the order I want them to appear and re-save them. Which is absolutely counterproductive, especially due to the number of products I have (over 500).
It should be as simple as clicking the product parent categories and simply fill in the order options then saving the order, but those options aren't available. Seems like a basic function if ask me.
Lets say I would want to have all the products with 'NEW' badge appear first on the SHOP product listing page, how would do that ?
Help?
here's the test site link .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230483
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to order prodcut listing ?!
Hi,
Ok, I see what you mean. So you want to set the ordering of the products for categories they are not attached to.
But then, why not simply add these categories to the product ?
That way, when you select the category and use the "direct sub elements" option of the products listing, you'll see the products and you'll be able to order them in these categories too.
As you say, it's a basic function and the option is available. Just add the categories where you want to order the products in the products settings and you'll be able to do that.
Ok, I see what you mean. So you want to set the ordering of the products for categories they are not attached to.
But then, why not simply add these categories to the product ?
That way, when you select the category and use the "direct sub elements" option of the products listing, you'll see the products and you'll be able to order them in these categories too.
As you say, it's a basic function and the option is available. Just add the categories where you want to order the products in the products settings and you'll be able to do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230509
by vseva
Replied by vseva on topic How to order prodcut listing ?!
Yeah, that thought entered my mind too, but it will still require that I re-open every product to add each and every one to both categories... ouf !
Do you think it would be possible to perform that sort of action with the Mass action tool?
Do you think it would be possible to perform that sort of action with the Mass action tool?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230512
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to order prodcut listing ?!
Hi,
It's possible. You need to create a mass action process it for each sub category. You'll have to select a filter to select all the products of one sub category, and then an action to add a category to the products and select the category that you want to add to all the products, then, click on the process button.
And you'll have to repeat that for each category.
It's possible. You need to create a mass action process it for each sub category. You'll have to select a filter to select all the products of one sub category, and then an action to add a category to the products and select the category that you want to add to all the products, then, click on the process button.
And you'll have to repeat that for each category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #231176
by vseva
Replied by vseva on topic How to order prodcut listing ?!
Thanks, that was a little easier than any previous suggestions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds