- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 5
Single Category in menu not working
10 years 7 months ago #231155
by p3.chuck
Single Category in menu not working was created by p3.chuck
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I've tried to create a display for all items in a single category on the menu. This works PERFECTLY as long as I have a root menu item of "Categories Listing" using the Hikashop>Category. Once I "unpublish" that item, the direct URLs that I've set no longer work.
Any help on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I've tried to create a display for all items in a single category on the menu. This works PERFECTLY as long as I have a root menu item of "Categories Listing" using the Hikashop>Category. Once I "unpublish" that item, the direct URLs that I've set no longer work.
Any help on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #231159
by p3.chuck
Replied by p3.chuck on topic Single Category in menu not working
I figured it out. I needed to make them have no parent category
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #231160
by p3.chuck
Replied by p3.chuck on topic Single Category in menu not working
But how would I show a sub-category if I had the need?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #231158
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Single Category in menu not working
Hi,
It can't indeed work if you unpublish the menu creating the correct links.
It must be published, but if you don't want to see that menu entry on the frontend, you can easily create a new menu without setting a template position and assign that menu item to this menu.
That way it will be published, not reachable from the frontend and the links of this other menu will work as expected.
This is more a Joomla feature than an HikaShop one
It can't indeed work if you unpublish the menu creating the correct links.
It must be published, but if you don't want to see that menu entry on the frontend, you can easily create a new menu without setting a template position and assign that menu item to this menu.
That way it will be published, not reachable from the frontend and the links of this other menu will work as expected.
This is more a Joomla feature than an HikaShop one
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds