Variant combo appearing when it doesn't exist
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
This might seem confusing but here we go ...
We have a catalog with a product that come in:
1) different colors
2) different curb
3) different widths
4) different lengths
There a combination that shows up in the variants that shouldn't. I manually deleted that specific one.
It was added semi automatically when I added the first few combos (thus why I had to manually delete it).
That specific combination of variant is an exception.
Thanks
Danny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here is a post explaining the situation you have:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...variants.html#238116
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the reply.
In that other post, it mentions:
"When the "Display out of stock products" setting of the HikaShop configuration is turned off, the dropdowns will only display the values if there is at least one variant using the value"
I went ahead an tried turning off that option in the Display parameters but the variant it still in the detailed dropbox view. When I try to see it, is display's the "No Stock" message.
Danny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Delete all the variants one a value, and you'll see that the value will be removed from the dropdown when that option is activated.
That's what I explain further there:
But that also means that you will be able to select variants which are not available if the values of the variant are necessary for other variants.
For example, if you have 2 colors (blue and red) and 2 sizes (L and XL), and you disable blue L and red XL. You'll still see all the choices in the dropdowns as otherwise you wouldn't be able to choose the other variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.