- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
10 years 2 months ago #246453
by Trimud
HikaShop Content Module menu assignment was created by Trimud
Hello,
I use HikaShop Content Module to show all the HikaShop categories on the Home page.
This works well, but I have to choose Menu Item to open the categories and this doesn't work well with my site.
I have menu item for each category. If I choose one of these menus to open the links from the module - this menu is always active and this is causing a confusion.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Regards
I use HikaShop Content Module to show all the HikaShop categories on the Home page.
This works well, but I have to choose Menu Item to open the categories and this doesn't work well with my site.
I have menu item for each category. If I choose one of these menus to open the links from the module - this menu is always active and this is causing a confusion.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #246455
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Hello,
I'm not sure to understand your issue, but note that this kind of issue can have a lot of different roots !
Can you provide an Url link to this specific page and your item menu configuration screenshot ?
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
I'm not sure to understand your issue, but note that this kind of issue can have a lot of different roots !
Can you provide an Url link to this specific page and your item menu configuration screenshot ?
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #246541
by Trimud
Replied by Trimud on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Hello,
thanks for replying back.
The URL is new.kub.bg/ I am talking about the first module under main menu.
If you click on 3 x 3 category, you will see it opens new.kub.bg/index.php?option=com_hikashop...me=3-x-3&Itemid=1072
This is a hidden menu and it is set in the module parameters. But I would like the link from the module on the homepage to open new.kub.bg/index.php?option=com_hikashop...=listing&Itemid=1066 . As you can see this menu should have active class.
Regards
thanks for replying back.
The URL is new.kub.bg/ I am talking about the first module under main menu.
If you click on 3 x 3 category, you will see it opens new.kub.bg/index.php?option=com_hikashop...me=3-x-3&Itemid=1072
This is a hidden menu and it is set in the module parameters. But I would like the link from the module on the homepage to open new.kub.bg/index.php?option=com_hikashop...=listing&Itemid=1066 . As you can see this menu should have active class.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #246549
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Hi,
If you have different menu items for your categories, then you should enter the URLs of these menu items in the "canonical URL" setting of your categories. Then, turn on the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and the system will override the dynamic URL with your canonical URL so that you get consistent links regardless from where you click on your category.
If you have different menu items for your categories, then you should enter the URLs of these menu items in the "canonical URL" setting of your categories. Then, turn on the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and the system will override the dynamic URL with your canonical URL so that you get consistent links regardless from where you click on your category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #246811
by Trimud
Replied by Trimud on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Hi Nicolas, thank you for the suggestion.
I have done the changes but still the URL to my category is new.kub.bg/3-x-3 , while the link generated from the module is new.kub.bg/produkti/product/listing/13-3-x-3
In 'force canonical URLs on listings' I have set 'Use canonical URL if specified'
The correct canonical link is present on both pages: <link rel="canonical" href=" new.kub.bg/3-x-3 ">
Thank you again
I have done the changes but still the URL to my category is new.kub.bg/3-x-3 , while the link generated from the module is new.kub.bg/produkti/product/listing/13-3-x-3
In 'force canonical URLs on listings' I have set 'Use canonical URL if specified'
The correct canonical link is present on both pages: <link rel="canonical" href=" new.kub.bg/3-x-3 ">
Thank you again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #246818
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Hi,
If the module you're using is a HikaShop content module, then the problem must come from a view override of your template which doesn't support canonical URLs and you would have to check with your template provider.
If the module you're using is not a HikaShop content module, then the problem is with the module itself which doesn't support canonical URLs while it should. So you'll have to contact the developer of the module so that they can add that support.
In any case, the HikaShop content module do support canonical URLs itself and there is no reason the URL wouldn't change unless you have some caching in your website and you didn't clear it after activating the canonical URLs.
If the module you're using is a HikaShop content module, then the problem must come from a view override of your template which doesn't support canonical URLs and you would have to check with your template provider.
If the module you're using is not a HikaShop content module, then the problem is with the module itself which doesn't support canonical URLs while it should. So you'll have to contact the developer of the module so that they can add that support.
In any case, the HikaShop content module do support canonical URLs itself and there is no reason the URL wouldn't change unless you have some caching in your website and you didn't clear it after activating the canonical URLs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #246870
by Trimud
Replied by Trimud on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Hello,
I have renamed the whole html folder of the template to make sure there are no overrides.
The module in use is indeed HikaShop Content Module.
Cache has been never enabled but still, the link is not the canonical one.
Regards
I have renamed the whole html folder of the template to make sure there are no overrides.
The module in use is indeed HikaShop Content Module.
Cache has been never enabled but still, the link is not the canonical one.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #246892
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Hi,
Try to switch to the default template of Joomla. Does it work with it ?
Try to switch to the default template of Joomla. Does it work with it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #246915
by Trimud
Replied by Trimud on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Nope, you can check it here:
new.kub.bg/?template=protostar
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #246922
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop Content Module menu assignment
Hi,
I've checked that link, but the link of that category correspond to its canonical URL:
take.ms/b1bRp
I've checked that link, but the link of that category correspond to its canonical URL:
take.ms/b1bRp
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds