Variant images suddenly disappeared
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
Hello,
I don't know why, suddenly, the images of the variants have disappeared. When you enter on a product with variants (for example www.tiendamat.com/sistemas-de-cobre/cate...atiguillo-rj45-cat-6 ), you can see the image of the product. But when you change the meters of the patch cord, the image is not there anymore. Has version 2.6.3 changed anything in that respect? Can't seem to find where the problem is.
Thank you very much for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Actually it's only displaying the main product image, can you also show us how you configured your Hikashop product and its variants through some screenshots ?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think their is some misunderstood somewhere because I go to your url : here
And for me, everything seems right :
And from what I can see in your screenshot configuration this way of processing is normal, and for me your variant image don't disappear because there isn't variant image.
And so, HikaShop display product image.
Awaiting some precision from you.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not able to reproduce the problem on your link. When I change the variant on the product page, the image is still displayed:
take.ms/z4Fmu
However, if you don't have different images for different variants of your products, then an easy way to make sure that you can't get the problem is to edit the file "show" of the view "product" for your frontend template via the menu Display>Views and remove the code:
$this->setLayout('show_block_img');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I know It's been some time since this topic, but I've been on vacations. The problem still exist, and even for new products.
Maybe is because you have them in cache since I used this product on other topics? Please try this:
www.tiendamat.com/fibra-optica/bandejasp...ica-24-puertos-19-1u
I've tried in 5 different computers an in each one the same problem happens.
Thank you very much for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No I confirm that it works fine on that product page too, and it's the first time I see it.
When I change the characteristic dropdown, I still see the image. In fact, I see the image changing to the image of the selected variant on that page:
take.ms/tp49k
take.ms/zLoDL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could it be related to the browser you're using ? Or the way it is configured ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm out of ideas. I also tried with different browsers on my end and different computers and it worked each and every time.
I don't see why it would work for me and not for you regardless of the computer/browser. There is no reason I can see this should happen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is there any thing I can do so you can see the error in css or php or whatever? This is really weird...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here in Lithuania all works fine too. Can you please try to inspect code with firefox or google chrome and see if you have image path?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.tiendamat.com/media/com_hikashop/upl...tcat6-1750028636.jpg
In fact, when I write this path in the firefox, it shows the image. But on the product page, it doesn't show...
Edit: I just clicked on the image, and the image opens and you can see it, but still blank on the product page...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would it be because you're logged on your website when you try ?
I don't know.
I don't see why that would happen either.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've tried both logged in and logged out, and variant images always disappear... It's a mistery... Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you try on a copy of your website somewhere else (like on your local computer for example), do you still have the problem ?
Maybe there is some kind of CDN in place and it screws the images for your area but not for anyone else ?
You could also try to display your website with an anonymous proxy from a different part of the world to see if that issue only happens for some countries.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So I went to the servers, and asked the people. They answer was that it wasn't the server because they don't filter by country nor by cdn. They told me to open it on google chrome, and see it with developer tools. Here is the results:
Note that the first graphic (with the response of the image) was blank until I clicked the image that then it showed that response.
Any idea by the errors that google dev tools shows on why this might be happening?
Thank you very much for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.