- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
The folder is not writable
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #250468
by artisanwebandprint
The folder is not writable was created by artisanwebandprint
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.tashatudorandfamily.com/index.php?op...oard-book&Itemid=473
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.34
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The folder /home/tashatud/public_html/images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/500x0f is not writable
Hello,
I am getting a public error that a folder is not writable (see above). I have changed the folder permission to 755, 775, and 777. None of these changes have fixed the error. I noticed the folder is empty. Would deleting this folder create any issues with Hikashop? How can I remove this error?
Thank you,
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.34
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The folder /home/tashatud/public_html/images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/500x0f is not writable
Hello,
I am getting a public error that a folder is not writable (see above). I have changed the folder permission to 755, 775, and 777. None of these changes have fixed the error. I noticed the folder is empty. Would deleting this folder create any issues with Hikashop? How can I remove this error?
Thank you,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 weeks ago #250482
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic The folder is not writable
Hi,
It's not a problem of the folder but of how you configured HikaShop.
You've turned on the "force size" setting of the HikaShop but you didn't provide a height AND a width for your thumbnails. So the system can't generate the thumbnails properly as it doesn't have the necessary information.
Turn off the "force size" setting if you don't want to specify both dimensions for the thumbnails and it will work.
It's not a problem of the folder but of how you configured HikaShop.
You've turned on the "force size" setting of the HikaShop but you didn't provide a height AND a width for your thumbnails. So the system can't generate the thumbnails properly as it doesn't have the necessary information.
Turn off the "force size" setting if you don't want to specify both dimensions for the thumbnails and it will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds