- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 1
Characteristics & Variants are so complicated and should be fixed.
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #310177
by onereik
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.21.
-- Joomla version -- : 9.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
Hello,
I have about 9 different variants each variant comes with a list of options.
Let's name them as variant1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and variant 9
variant 1: comes with 10 different values
variant 2: comes with 10 different values
in that case, I have to calculate all the combination of 100 because 10*10 = 100
While if I can add them individually without the combining option I will only have to do this for 20 options.
This really gets complicated with many variants.
I just gave an example of two different variants, how would it be when I have 9 different variants? Can you imagine? it is going to take 3 years just to add one product
I just did a small calculation on all the variants I am going to add, so I have to edit 93,750 prices to different variants doing all the calculation between all the possible combination while if I want to do it my way, it is going to be only about 45 variants. This is seriously not easy.
Please help ASAP.
Had another post on this subject, it's been 20 hours and no reply yet, would like to hear from you guys ASAP.
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 9.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
Hello,
I have about 9 different variants each variant comes with a list of options.
Let's name them as variant1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and variant 9
variant 1: comes with 10 different values
variant 2: comes with 10 different values
in that case, I have to calculate all the combination of 100 because 10*10 = 100
While if I can add them individually without the combining option I will only have to do this for 20 options.
This really gets complicated with many variants.
I just gave an example of two different variants, how would it be when I have 9 different variants? Can you imagine? it is going to take 3 years just to add one product
I just did a small calculation on all the variants I am going to add, so I have to edit 93,750 prices to different variants doing all the calculation between all the possible combination while if I want to do it my way, it is going to be only about 45 variants. This is seriously not easy.
Please help ASAP.
Had another post on this subject, it's been 20 hours and no reply yet, would like to hear from you guys ASAP.
Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by onereik.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 1 month ago #310182
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Characteristics & Variants are so complicated and should be fixed.
Hello,
Each time you edit or reply to your own message, you lost your place in the queue and you will have to wait longer for your answer.
Please also note that our support is logically closed during the weekend.
Since that topic is a duplicate of the other thread ( www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...cs-individually.html ) I suggest to not duplicate your message and close/delete that topic.
Thank you for your understanding.
Each time you edit or reply to your own message, you lost your place in the queue and you will have to wait longer for your answer.
Please also note that our support is logically closed during the weekend.
Since that topic is a duplicate of the other thread ( www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...cs-individually.html ) I suggest to not duplicate your message and close/delete that topic.
Thank you for your understanding.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 1 month ago #310196
by onereik
Replied by onereik on topic Characteristics & Variants are so complicated and should be fixed.
Jerome, I thought I just added the topic to the wrong category, that's why I duplicated it, had no idea how to move it to another category.
I look forward to hearing from you, I really need a solution to this ASAP.
Thanks for understanding.
Regards
I look forward to hearing from you, I really need a solution to this ASAP.
Thanks for understanding.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds