- Posts: 173
- Thank you received: 8
Losing sales as one category has started to go 404 from product listing HELP!
2 years 10 months ago #356601
by ianspeed
Losing sales as one category has started to go 404 from product listing HELP! was created by ianspeed
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4 Latest
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 Forom product listing
Hi Nicolas,
Everything fine until this afternoon, now we're losing sales as people can't get in to the products for 1 category. I looked for the issue everywhere but can't find it, also the products in the listing are showing the size characteristic under the product in the listing?
Thanks
Ian
-- Joomla version -- : 4 Latest
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 Forom product listing
Hi Nicolas,
Everything fine until this afternoon, now we're losing sales as people can't get in to the products for 1 category. I looked for the issue everywhere but can't find it, also the products in the listing are showing the size characteristic under the product in the listing?
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 10 months ago #356602
by ianspeed
Replied by ianspeed on topic Losing sales as one category has started to go 404 from product listing HELP!
I found this issue with the display of the characteristic, but still losing orders because of the 404 
www.thegoatcompany.co.uk/mohair-socks/pr...gory_pathway-10.html
www.thegoatcompany.co.uk/mohair-socks/pr...gory_pathway-10.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 10 months ago #356604
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Losing sales as one category has started to go 404 from product listing HELP!
Hi,
From what I can see, someone made a mistake when writing a redirect on your end and it redirects the user to the search page instead of letting the website display the page.
I don't think there is anything you can do in HikaShop as it doesn't seem to be caused by HikaShop or something configured in HikaShop.
From what I can see, someone made a mistake when writing a redirect on your end and it redirects the user to the search page instead of letting the website display the page.
I don't think there is anything you can do in HikaShop as it doesn't seem to be caused by HikaShop or something configured in HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 10 months ago #356610
by ianspeed
Replied by ianspeed on topic Losing sales as one category has started to go 404 from product listing HELP!
Hi Nicolas,
I'm having to restore the site at the moment, this just happened without any warning. The redirect is a 404 redirect, we sold socks yesterday and this morning, then all of a sudden people couldn't get to the socks? All other products were working...
Just in the middle of the restore now...
Thanks
Ian
I'm having to restore the site at the moment, this just happened without any warning. The redirect is a 404 redirect, we sold socks yesterday and this morning, then all of a sudden people couldn't get to the socks? All other products were working...
Just in the middle of the restore now...
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 10 months ago #356611
by ianspeed
Replied by ianspeed on topic Losing sales as one category has started to go 404 from product listing HELP!
This is our busiest period of the whole year, I'm starting to panic a bit...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 10 months ago #356614
by ianspeed
Replied by ianspeed on topic Losing sales as one category has started to go 404 from product listing HELP!
Hi Nicolas,
I took off the redirect and it looks like those few products are causing a http 500 error!?
I'm running on a test server at the moment because the restore isn't going so well
.
All other products are fine except for the one category, where only one of them is okay?
I can give you the login if that helps?
Thanks
Ian
I took off the redirect and it looks like those few products are causing a http 500 error!?
I'm running on a test server at the moment because the restore isn't going so well
All other products are fine except for the one category, where only one of them is okay?
I can give you the login if that helps?
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 10 months ago #356615
by ianspeed
Replied by ianspeed on topic Losing sales as one category has started to go 404 from product listing HELP!
Well, that wasn't easy... 3:19am
Corrupted data seemingly from the creation of a characteristic!
When I looked at the variants, 51 had colour and size, 3 of the variants had no colour but option was size....and size
I think it's all okay now, guess I'll have to check all products that have a possible colour in either Large or Medium...
The http 500 was from another "situation"...
I've managed to get all products back, but I'm a little nervous of creating another characteristic for anything new going forward
Ian
Corrupted data seemingly from the creation of a characteristic!
When I looked at the variants, 51 had colour and size, 3 of the variants had no colour but option was size....and size
I think it's all okay now, guess I'll have to check all products that have a possible colour in either Large or Medium...
The http 500 was from another "situation"...
I've managed to get all products back, but I'm a little nervous of creating another characteristic for anything new going forward
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds