- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Unable to register and checkout
- thedoghouse
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1 essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla 5.0
No error message displayed.
Hi there
I'm a complete newbie and have run into problems with registration and checkout.
Basically, when I click to checkout, I complete the registration form and when I click to register I get taken to the Home page. No account is created in the back end, no emails sent. I am unable to checkout. No error is displayed, even if I change template to look for one.
However, if I login via Joomla login which was on my page prior to installing Hikashop, I can create users and then add address later at checkout.
I want to be able to use the shopping cart smoothly and register from there, as it should be.
Can you help. If you need login details, I can email them as I do not have much experience and cannot find a similar problem posted anywhere.
Thanks for any help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's because of a javascript error on the registration page:
Uncaught ReferenceError: register is not defined
Replace the line:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- thedoghouse
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
As I said I'm a complete newbie. Just very disappointed that I've paid for the essential edition and it has such a fundamental problem that no purchases can be made.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Any suggestions welcome as our store won't work very well if users can't register & pay
Thank you
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'll enable debugging shortly and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- thedoghouse
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
every time I try register is doing nothing just redirect to same page.
http://...........com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&Itemid=587&lang=en
I really do like this software, but I starting to be very disappointed and start think to use Money Back Policy option.
If I have to customize, correct scripts on my own , I 'll give up.
I still have 2 weeks to 30 days period. I hope we going together make this work.
I will sent you soon e-mail with all my issue and I will do appreciate your help.
P.S. I'm sorry for posting this here but I'm trying to get your attention.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Did you made the change suggested above by Nicolas ?
Replace the line:
by:Code:if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !register)){in the file media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js and that will fix it.Code:if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !registrer)){
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did.Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Did you made the change suggested above by Nicolas ?Replace the line:
by:Code:if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !register)){in the file media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js and that will fix it.Code:if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !registrer)){
here is my code;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But if it doesn't change anything for you, then you probably have another problem. Unfortunately, without looking at the page directly like we did for the other users on that thread, we cannot tell if the modification has been done properly, or if you have the same problem, and if it's another problem, we'll need to analyze it to provide a different solution.
We got your contact request and we'll reply to it in order to be able to check that page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
@Nicolas, check e-mail I sent you at store@hikashop.com.
Something is seriously not right,..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
i have no idea where to find that file.Sorry but im a rookie at this
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So using the file manager or a FTP client, you can look at the files of the website, go in the folder media/com_hikashop/js and you'll see the file. Edit it, do the modification and save and that's it.
An alternative to these two methods is to use a Joomla extension file manager:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...ents/file-management
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
j'ai fais la modif, ligne 78 (copie du code)
if(type=='register'){
//check the password confirmation field only if we are in selector registration and that the user selected "registration" or "simplified registration", or that the registration is on "all in one page" and that the password confirmation field is there
var registrer = document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method0');
if(!registrer){
registrer = document.getElementById('data[register][registration_method]0');
}
var simplified_pwd = document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method3');
if(!simplified_pwd){
simplified_pwd = document.getElementById('data[register][registration_method]3');
}
if ((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) | | (inscrivez && registrer.checked) | |! (simplified_pwd && registrer)) {
//check password
if(typeof varform.elements[password]'] != 'undefined' && typeof varform.elements[password2]'] != 'undefined'){
passwd = varform.elements[password]'];
passwd2 = varform.elements[password2]'];
if(passwd.value!=passwd2.value){
alert(hikashopFieldsJs);
return false;
Cela ne marche pas
Suis en caraphe ....SNIFF
Je fais quoi?
Merci
Michel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Vous vous êtes trompé en faisant la modification.
Vous avez mis:
au lieu de :
Faites la modification correctement et cela fonctionnera
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Cela ne marche toujours pas
}
var simplified_pwd = document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method3');
if(!simplified_pwd){
simplified_pwd = document.getElementById('data[register][registration_method]3');
}
if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !registrer)){
//check password
if(typeof varform.elements[password]'] != 'undefined' && typeof varform.elements[password2]'] != 'undefined'){
passwd = varform.elements[password]'];
passwd2 = varform.elements[password2]'];
Site en essai
meliani.biotoo.com
Sniff, je fais quoi ?
Merci de ton aide
Michel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
J'ai vérifié le code,
merci de voir de votre coté
sous domaine pour essai :
meliani.biotoo.com
J'ai besoin d'avancer , suis planté depuis lundi
Merci
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.