- Posts: 120
- Thank you received: 1
Redirect to category listing at checkout
13 years 2 months ago #114867
by watashi
Redirect to category listing at checkout was created by watashi
Hi,
Please see this screenshot:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNQf6EKgw8&feature=youtu.be
As you may see, after I try to change my shipment address at cart during checkout process, pressing OK button redirects me to list of shop categories (which I am actually not using at all).
Can you give me a hind what went wrong?
This was working well, but at some point it got damaged. (after upgrade to 2.2.0?)
Thanks.
Please see this screenshot:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNQf6EKgw8&feature=youtu.be
As you may see, after I try to change my shipment address at cart during checkout process, pressing OK button redirects me to list of shop categories (which I am actually not using at all).
Can you give me a hind what went wrong?
This was working well, but at some point it got damaged. (after upgrade to 2.2.0?)
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114923
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Redirect to category listing at checkout
Hi,
That's because in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration you need to select a menu of the type "hikashop checkout".
That's because in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration you need to select a menu of the type "hikashop checkout".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #115004
by watashi
Replied by watashi on topic Redirect to category listing at checkout
Hi Nicolas,
My "force a menu on checkout" has been set to "None".
I have reassigned it as per below screenshot. However, the issue has not gone.
Please make sure we have same understanding.
The redirect to product category happens after I press OK button at the popup address edit window (see screenshot).
This is not after I press a button "Submit my order".
I believe that the option "Force the menu on checkout" is responsible for the page next after checkout.
My problem happens still during checkout. (Did you see the below video?).
At the video you may also see the issue which is discussed in this thread:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/4-how-to/85496...-upgrade-to-220.html
(selected shipping and payment methods are not highlighted)
I have tried to replicate the issue at your demo site, but I can't. Your demo works just as it must work.
Best regards
My "force a menu on checkout" has been set to "None".
I have reassigned it as per below screenshot. However, the issue has not gone.
Please make sure we have same understanding.
The redirect to product category happens after I press OK button at the popup address edit window (see screenshot).
This is not after I press a button "Submit my order".
I believe that the option "Force the menu on checkout" is responsible for the page next after checkout.
My problem happens still during checkout. (Did you see the below video?).
At the video you may also see the issue which is discussed in this thread:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/4-how-to/85496...-upgrade-to-220.html
(selected shipping and payment methods are not highlighted)
I have tried to replicate the issue at your demo site, but I can't. Your demo works just as it must work.
Best regards
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by watashi.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 months ago #115437
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Redirect to category listing at checkout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115566
by watashi
Replied by watashi on topic Redirect to category listing at checkout
Hi Mohamed,
I have seen the thread before, but it does not seem to be applicable to my case.
I have just chenaged the code as indicated by Jerome in that thread.
However, still it redirects me to some product category page.
The redirect occures both when I try to remove coupon code and when I enter/change an address.
It was definitely working before the upgrade. Any other ideas, please?..
I have seen the thread before, but it does not seem to be applicable to my case.
I have just chenaged the code as indicated by Jerome in that thread.
However, still it redirects me to some product category page.
The redirect occures both when I try to remove coupon code and when I enter/change an address.
It was definitely working before the upgrade. Any other ideas, please?..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115604
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Redirect to category listing at checkout
Hi,
It is a SEF problem.
When the url is called directly (not in a post), it is like the SEF parameters break everything.
Calling "/basket/" works but "/basket/task-step/step-0" not.
Calling "/basket/product/listing" display you a product listing (which is not logical at all).
Calling "/basket/?task=step&step=0" works (because the parameters are not SEF).
Well, what I can say is that, we will need to investigate more with some debug trace.
Because we don't reproduce your problem in our local website, we will need a FTP access to your website, so we can modify some HikaShop core files and see some debug trace in order to understand why wrong data is send to HikaShop after SEF.
(An admin access could be interesting too)
Which version of Joomla are you using ?
Do you use native SEF or an external component ?
Regards,
It is a SEF problem.
When the url is called directly (not in a post), it is like the SEF parameters break everything.
Calling "/basket/" works but "/basket/task-step/step-0" not.
Calling "/basket/product/listing" display you a product listing (which is not logical at all).
Calling "/basket/?task=step&step=0" works (because the parameters are not SEF).
Well, what I can say is that, we will need to investigate more with some debug trace.
Because we don't reproduce your problem in our local website, we will need a FTP access to your website, so we can modify some HikaShop core files and see some debug trace in order to understand why wrong data is send to HikaShop after SEF.
(An admin access could be interesting too)
Which version of Joomla are you using ?
Do you use native SEF or an external component ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #115620
by watashi
Replied by watashi on topic Redirect to category listing at checkout
Oh.. You are right!
I am quite sure I was trying to switch off SEF option in Joomla system configuration without any success.
However, now I have tried it again and it worked. So, it is definitely a SEF issue.
Then I set SEF option in Joomla configuration again to YES. And I have set Hikashop - System - Configuration - Features - Activate Smaller URL to NO. The issue has also gone.
Therefore, I think that this Hikashop option "Activate Smaller URL" is causing problems.
Generally, I have no big problems to keep this option OFF, but I still prefer smaller URLs rather than long paths.
I am sending you my backend and FTP access by PM.
I am using latest Hikashop 2.2.0 (updated just few days ago).
Joomla version: Joomla! 3.1.1 Stable [ Ember ] 26-April-2013 14:00 GMT
I do NOT use any external SEF components.
Thank you for your support.
I am quite sure I was trying to switch off SEF option in Joomla system configuration without any success.
However, now I have tried it again and it worked. So, it is definitely a SEF issue.
Then I set SEF option in Joomla configuration again to YES. And I have set Hikashop - System - Configuration - Features - Activate Smaller URL to NO. The issue has also gone.
Therefore, I think that this Hikashop option "Activate Smaller URL" is causing problems.
Generally, I have no big problems to keep this option OFF, but I still prefer smaller URLs rather than long paths.
I am sending you my backend and FTP access by PM.
I am using latest Hikashop 2.2.0 (updated just few days ago).
Joomla version: Joomla! 3.1.1 Stable [ Ember ] 26-April-2013 14:00 GMT
I do NOT use any external SEF components.
Thank you for your support.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by watashi.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115731
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Redirect to category listing at checkout
Hi,
Thank you for the access. I turned back on the option and was able to find out the issue (which apparently comes from a bug in Joomla 3 which only happens in some weird cases) and added a fix in HikaShop to circumvent the problem. It's now working fine on your website.
Thank you for the access. I turned back on the option and was able to find out the issue (which apparently comes from a bug in Joomla 3 which only happens in some weird cases) and added a fix in HikaShop to circumvent the problem. It's now working fine on your website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: watashi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds