- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
Outstanding! My first HikaShop!
- undermanager
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #115267
by undermanager
Outstanding! My first HikaShop! was created by undermanager
I downloaded HikaShop yesterday after exploring a few of the other Joomla eCommerce components and trying them out over the last few weeks, and HikaShop gets my vote by a long way. I'll be buying a paid-for version as soon as I've managed to get a friend to order a few things and use PayPal, to prove all of that is working okay. I've set up a few test products at:
www.theteacher.info (all suggestions welcome).
I also need to try out adding a few digital products and free ones in the next few days, to see how that works.
I like HikaShop rather than other eCommerce sites mainly because of the great, easy-to-use documentation and the excellent front and back access to an actual example, which I used to solve most of my problems. The forum is excellent, too.
If I had some suggestions, I would say:
a) keep working on high-quality documentation (and how-to videos), as that is what I always look for.
b) add a second working example of a shop, front and back access, that shows off different ways of working with HikaShop, showing off what it can do.
c) revisit the documentation on making a simple categories menu in a module, as that had me going around in circles for a few hours yesterday. :huh:
Many thanks and I look forward to setting up more shops with HikaShop.
www.theteacher.info (all suggestions welcome).
I also need to try out adding a few digital products and free ones in the next few days, to see how that works.
I like HikaShop rather than other eCommerce sites mainly because of the great, easy-to-use documentation and the excellent front and back access to an actual example, which I used to solve most of my problems. The forum is excellent, too.
If I had some suggestions, I would say:
a) keep working on high-quality documentation (and how-to videos), as that is what I always look for.
b) add a second working example of a shop, front and back access, that shows off different ways of working with HikaShop, showing off what it can do.
c) revisit the documentation on making a simple categories menu in a module, as that had me going around in circles for a few hours yesterday. :huh:
Many thanks and I look forward to setting up more shops with HikaShop.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by undermanager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115291
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Outstanding! My first HikaShop!
Hi there,
First of all, thanks for your feedback, it's always pleasant to have positive returns on our work
.
About your suggestions, here is what I can say:
a - We are working on a new Hikashop website and we spend a LOT of time to improve the documentation (new screenshots, better organizations, tutorials included in each features' documentation...) so I hope you'll appreciate this when it comes out
b - It's an interesting idea, we already tried to implement as much features and display as possible but it could be great for customers to have a completely different website. However the current one is already presenting quite a lot of features so it won't be a priority
c - Same answer as a, the new documentation will be organized in different categories like "tutorials", "shipping methods", 'begin with Hikashop" and will propose a dynamic search on the page to easily find what you are looking for. Modules and menus aren't easy to understand, we'll try to focus on this.
I hope you will enjoy this site. If you any question, do not hesitate
First of all, thanks for your feedback, it's always pleasant to have positive returns on our work
About your suggestions, here is what I can say:
a - We are working on a new Hikashop website and we spend a LOT of time to improve the documentation (new screenshots, better organizations, tutorials included in each features' documentation...) so I hope you'll appreciate this when it comes out
b - It's an interesting idea, we already tried to implement as much features and display as possible but it could be great for customers to have a completely different website. However the current one is already presenting quite a lot of features so it won't be a priority
c - Same answer as a, the new documentation will be organized in different categories like "tutorials", "shipping methods", 'begin with Hikashop" and will propose a dynamic search on the page to easily find what you are looking for. Modules and menus aren't easy to understand, we'll try to focus on this.
I hope you will enjoy this site. If you any question, do not hesitate
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds