Skip to main content

USPS Online Prices?

More
12 years 1 week ago #172437 by reedstickets
-- url of the page with the problem -- : casesmithcustoms.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I cannot get my website shopping cart to post the USPS online prices even with my webtools ID in place... I contacted USPS to assure my webtools ID is set up for what I want and they say it is...

How can I get online prices to show for checkout USPS shipping?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #172440 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic USPS Online Prices?
Hi,

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...pping-usps-form.html

If you want the plugin works, your products must have a weight ; because it's an online price calculation, it requires to know the weight of the total order.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #172531 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
Thanks for the help..

All my products do have weight and dimensions... The plugin does not pick up the online cheaper prices.. Any other ideas of why this might happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #172539 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Online Prices?
Hello,
Can you test it with only one product, and if it still not working, can you show me through some screenshots how did you configured :
- Your product dimensions/weight options
- Your USPS shipping method, including the options on the "Restrictions" tab.
- Your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Also, can you test it with all of your USPS services checked ?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #172615 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
"Can you test it with only one product":

I have only been testing it with one product


- Your product dimensions/weight options

I have them set up in the options/variants section... the product is set for virtual goods, then once they pick the through options/variants the dimensions and weight are set for the size option they choose.

- Your USPS shipping method, including the options on the "Restrictions" tab.

I am trying to get online prices for priority International shipping but online prices do not show up for any of my USPS shipping set ups..


- Your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Login > Cart> Shipping > Payment

Also, can you test it with all of your USPS services checked ?

I did, it does not fix the problem

Here are the screen shots...

Attachment not found



Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #172646 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Online Prices?
Hello,

1.

I have them set up in the options/variants section... the product is set for virtual goods, then once they pick the through options/variants the dimensions and weight are set for the size option they choose.

You should only make sure that in your cart, you have at least a product/variant which have dimensions/weight.

2.

Login > Cart> Shipping > Payment

You should add the "Address" step, USPS will need a shipping address to ship your packages.

3.
You should also try it without any weight restriction through the USPS shipping method configuration page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #172715 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
1) You should only make sure that in your cart, you have at least a product/variant which have dimensions/weight.

everyone does

2) I did and it did not change anything now

3) I have tried removing the restrictions and still the same result

any ideas here? I just do not understand why it is so difficult to get online and account pricing for shipping considering every business in the entire world work with online and account pricing, regular shipping is far way to expensive for any business to stand a chance...

it took me weeks to get UPS working for my account prices and now USPS, I really need to get this site going so an help here is much appreciated..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #172762 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Online Prices?
Can you send me a temporary back-end access to your website thourgh a private message so that I can directly test it and understand from where you issue coming ?
Thanks :).
Last edit: 12 years 6 days ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #173110 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
Hi,

I sent the PM... did you receive it?

Thanks!
Reed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #173136 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Online Prices?
Hello,
Yes, I just tested it and the USPS shipping method is always correctly displaying, can you clear your browser cache or test it with another browser ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #173140 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
Hi,,

I have to check the domestic set up but my main problem is "Priority Mail International" which I will be using for my main products (cases) internationally... I will be using UPS domestic which I now have working..

For International "case " orders the shipping is not showing up as online pricing and is way to expensive... If you purchase a "standard rack case" and choose the option "4u" for size and ship to Canada by USPS "Priority Mail International" it comes up as 61$ , this is not the cheapest online USPS price (which is like $54) I need the cheapest online prices to show up..

I talked to USPS and they say my web tool id has production setting for all i need/want... I really do not understand why I do not see only online prices...

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #173141 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
BTW, I did clear my browser and used other browsers to no avail...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173273 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Online Prices?
The problem is coming from the fact that you have set the "Maximum weight" option of your "First-Class Mail® International" shipping method to 4, and that the "Rack space - 4u" option of your product have a weight set to 13.500 lb, so your "First-Class Mail® International" will never be used.
Also, note that the weight limit of the "First-Class Package International" service is 4 lb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173310 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
Yes, but I am not trying to use First Class International for the rack case, they weight far to much... for the rack cases I am trying to use Priority Mail International and the price to ship to Canada comes to $61.00 for non online and $54.00 for online... My checkout gives the $61.00 price and I need the $54.00 price..

I cannot charge that much when I do not have, need to or want to... it will just hurt sales... I need the online prices...

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173322 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Online Prices?
What do you exactly mean by non online/online :

the price to ship to Canada comes to $61.00 for non online and $54.00 for online.

I've done some tests and the USPS shipping plugin is correctly sending the dimensions and weight of your order product to USPS and is just displaying the price of the USPS response.
You can eventually use a manual shipping method and manually set a price per product so that the price will be as you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 day ago #173521 by wayneft
Replied by wayneft on topic USPS Online Prices?
I am also experiencing the same issue. The easiest way to understand the problem is if you look at the Fedex Shipping plugin for the Rates option. You have the option of showing the public rates (the rate you would pay if you walked into a fedex office as an everday person with no account) or the discount associated with your company (this one being cheaper). The problem exist with the USPS plugin that it only shows the Retail rate (the price you would pay if you paid for postage in the post office) and not the online rate (the price you pay for purchasing post online) which in all cases is much cheaper than the retail rate.

I'm trying to work around it by putting a negative 1 in the percentage field to offset the price but it does not work in all instances.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 18 hours ago #173563 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Online Prices?
Hello,

The problem exist with the USPS plugin that it only shows the Retail rate (the price you would pay if you paid for postage in the post office) and not the online rate (the price you pay for purchasing post online) which in all cases is much cheaper than the retail rate.

I'm trying to work around it by putting a negative 1 in the percentage field to offset the price but it does not work in all instances.

Yes, I re-checked their documentations and the problem is that I didn't find any parameter which can be used to say "what kind of price" we want, so yes if you really need a reduced price, you'll have to directly edit the code of the USPS plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 hours ago #173669 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
Thanks for the help,

I find this to be important since no business want to ship higher prices, especially Internationally ...

Are you saying it is possible to do with a code edit and if so can someone point me in the roght direction?

All the other plugins have the option for "negotiated " or better prices, I do not see why USPS should be different...

Also, now my domestic UPS shipping method is not giving the correct prices, I think it may be because it is grouping my options as separate item but they are not... By the time you pick my product size, colors and hardware it says 3 packages in the UPS shipping info during checkout but it is only 1 package and 1 item is there a way to change this?

Thanks,
Reed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #173717 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Online Prices?
Hello Reed,
If you want to manually change the price of your USPS rates you'll have to directly change that line :
Code:
$rates[$type]->shipping_price += $usps_rates['Rate'];
Through the "usps.php" file of the USPS plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #173819 by reedstickets
Replied by reedstickets on topic USPS Online Prices?
Thanks Mohamed..

I would not know what to change it to though... can i make a % subtract and just find out the % difference between a non account counter drop off and an online account printed label?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by reedstickets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum