- Posts: 1184
- Thank you received: 13
Skip address in manual shipping plugin
I have a shipping method (manual shipping plugin I used) where I saw pickup from my physical store. So there is no need to make client to use the address form. How can I do that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the settings of your shipping method, set the "Override shipping address" setting to "hide" and your customers won't have the shipping address area after selecting that shipping method.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please check it. Add something in the cart, enter an email as guest. And you ll see the first option
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks. I was able to reproduce the problem. I've added a patch on our end. You can download the install package on our website and install it on yours to get the fix.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry but I don't understand your last message.
Please also check that you do not have view overrides ; because one part of the part was an improvement in the view.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We had to modify the "show_block_address" view file in order to fix that problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you did since then, then you have the patch we talked about to fix the problem.
We're saying that if you have an override on that view, then you won't see the fix.
So if you have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout/show_block_address.php rename it and it should help.
If you still have the problem after those two things, then you have another problem than the problem we found a fixed and we're not able to reproduce it.
In that case, please provide instructions to reproduce the problem on your website and a backend access so that we can check your settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I ll send you admin access
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to access your website for some reason:
monosnap.com/file/BOEZuYIbafnandtlWVY4Tyyz9LKjk5
Also, since I don't know how your checkout looks like, you might be talking about the fact that the address view doesn't refresh automatically to remove/add the shipping address area when the shipping method is changed based on the shipping address override setting. I've actually found about that today and added a patch for it. So you might want to download again the install package on our website to get the fix for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As you can see in the screenshots (backend),
my shipping plugin has Override shipping address to hidden (I checked all options)
When I choose this shipping method
I still get the New address thing, So we cannot override.
I checked also by renaming the whole hikashop folder in my template overrides. But still the same.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In your screenshot we can just see that you have an address in edition ; not that the shipping address part is "hidden".
So I'm afraid that your screenshot do not prove your point.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I use hikashop from Joomla 1.5. I know what I m showing to you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have a look on your website, and is see that this part disappear when you select the shipping method.
What you want remove is the New address, because if you use a guest mode there is no address in data base AND billing address is required...Because you can't have a payment WITHOUT billing address.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If I don t want it to be there?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
A billing address is mandatory when you have an e-commerce store.
It's a legal concern.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.