- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
Items Reappear in Shopping Cart
- arashsayadi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 7 months ago #39874
by arashsayadi
Items Reappear in Shopping Cart was created by arashsayadi
I have a reproducible scenario that's quite odd.
It seems to me that when I login the second time, I should see BOTH products "A" and "B" in my cart. If that's not the way the cart is designed, then at least product "A" shouldn't reappear after I delete product "B".
I appreciate any help you can give me with resolving this.
- I access the site, select product "A" and add it to my shopping cart.
- I press Proceed to Checkout and login
- I then logout.
- I access another product "B" page and add it to my cart.
- I press Proceed to Checkout and login
- I ONLY see one product in my cart: product "B". product "A" doesn't show up.
- I delete product "B" from my cart.
- Now product "A" appears in my cart.
It seems to me that when I login the second time, I should see BOTH products "A" and "B" in my cart. If that's not the way the cart is designed, then at least product "A" shouldn't reappear after I delete product "B".
I appreciate any help you can give me with resolving this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40089
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Items Reappear in Shopping Cart
Hi,
HikaShop is made to handle several carts so that in the future, you could save them, restore them, delete them etc.
When you don't have a cart loaded, HikaShop tries to load your latest cart.
When you delete all the products from your current, you cart is deleted. Then, when the system tries to display the cart, it loads the latest one if possible, which means that it would reload the cart A, as you experienced.
If you don't want that to happen, you should configure the "cart retaining period" and "Frequency of the check for the carts" options of your configuration to a really small number so that the carts are removed rapidly.
HikaShop is made to handle several carts so that in the future, you could save them, restore them, delete them etc.
When you don't have a cart loaded, HikaShop tries to load your latest cart.
When you delete all the products from your current, you cart is deleted. Then, when the system tries to display the cart, it loads the latest one if possible, which means that it would reload the cart A, as you experienced.
If you don't want that to happen, you should configure the "cart retaining period" and "Frequency of the check for the carts" options of your configuration to a really small number so that the carts are removed rapidly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- arashsayadi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 7 months ago #40620
by arashsayadi
Replied by arashsayadi on topic Re: Items Reappear in Shopping Cart
Thank you for the full explanation.
Is there a way to configure Hikashop to combine the previous carts with the current cart when a user returns? In this way, once the user returns and logs in after adding items to Cart B, items from Cart A also appear in the cart.
Is there a way to configure Hikashop to combine the previous carts with the current cart when a user returns? In this way, once the user returns and logs in after adding items to Cart B, items from Cart A also appear in the cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40823
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Items Reappear in Shopping Cart
There is no option for that but that's an interesting idea. We'll add that to the todo list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- arashsayadi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 7 months ago #40931
by arashsayadi
Replied by arashsayadi on topic Re: Items Reappear in Shopping Cart
Excellent. How often do you release new versions? How will I find out when this feature makes it in?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41058
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Items Reappear in Shopping Cart
Every one or two months. We have changelog here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ashop-changelog.html
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ashop-changelog.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- arashsayadi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 7 months ago #41130
by arashsayadi
Replied by arashsayadi on topic Re: Items Reappear in Shopping Cart
Cool. Thanks for all of the help and details.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds