- Posts: 83
- Thank you received: 0
Gift card messsage?
14 years 6 months ago #44137
by shiri
Gift card messsage? was created by shiri
Hi)
Please how can I have this option for the customers(please see attached).
Thanks
Please how can I have this option for the customers(please see attached).
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44364
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Gift card messsage?
If you want that in the checkout, you can create a new custom field of the table "order" (business edition) and of the type "text area" via the menu Display->Custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44379
by shiri
Replied by shiri on topic Re: Gift card messsage?
Nicolas,
Let me give you another example this is like ordering a personalized teddy bear for a baby and BEFORE adding it to the cart you choose the color and then write in a box "the name of this baby",and then add it to the cart.
So maybe it can be done by creating charasteristics,variants...I don't know how we can do it in Hikashop.
Please see the link page below as an example,do you think we can add a variant (blank box)where customers can write a 20 words to customize their order?
www.thingsremembered.com/product/Gift-Ca...ineByCategoryId=2722 see the personalized tab.I don't want the add and personalized but just a blank box to write the text or the words and under the box it is written how many characters can be included.
may be a better example is: www.bandannabear.com/personalized-soccer-teddy-bear.html
If this worked I can do it too to gift messages.
Let me give you another example this is like ordering a personalized teddy bear for a baby and BEFORE adding it to the cart you choose the color and then write in a box "the name of this baby",and then add it to the cart.
So maybe it can be done by creating charasteristics,variants...I don't know how we can do it in Hikashop.
Please see the link page below as an example,do you think we can add a variant (blank box)where customers can write a 20 words to customize their order?
www.thingsremembered.com/product/Gift-Ca...ineByCategoryId=2722 see the personalized tab.I don't want the add and personalized but just a blank box to write the text or the words and under the box it is written how many characters can be included.
may be a better example is: www.bandannabear.com/personalized-soccer-teddy-bear.html
If this worked I can do it too to gift messages.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by shiri.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44534
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Gift card messsage?
If you want to add it on the product page, then you should create a custom field of the table "item" and not "order". You will be able to restrict the custom field only to some categories if you don't want it for all your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44539
by shiri
Replied by shiri on topic Re: Gift card messsage?
Nicolas,
Do you mean I can do it like this(see attached) Is it correct?
Do you mean I can do it like this(see attached) Is it correct?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44582
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Gift card messsage?
You created a custom field of the type "product". I told you to create a custom field of the table "item".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44584
by shiri
Replied by shiri on topic Re: Gift card messsage?
I got you but since I still have the essential that's why I didn't find the "item" .Thank you Nicolas so much.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by shiri.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44745
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Gift card messsage?
Ah yes, sorry I didn't specified that in my message. Indeed the table "item" for custom fields is only in the Business edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds