Skip to main content

Standard SEF gives 404

More
14 years 6 months ago #44823 by connyroukens
All works nice and smoothly in Hikashop, except when I turn on standard SEF in Joomla. I get a 404 on the menu "Webshop". Other 3rd party extensions work fine. What can I do?

Conny Roukens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #45033 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Standard SEF gives 404
Hi,

That usually happens when the "menu" option of a hikashop category listing module is not set to a hikashop category listing menu. You could try to recreate your modules as explained in the tutorial below and it should work if it comes from that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ml#categories_module

We would be able to give you more information on that if you could provide a link to your shop (you don't have to turn on SEF) so that we can look at the HTML.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #45135 by connyroukens
Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for helping. I have checked everything but i can not find where i made a mistake, but surely i did.
The link is www.s13660.cp.hostnet.nl/index.php?optio...t=listing&Itemid=150
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by connyroukens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45334 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Standard SEF gives 404
It seems to be ok. Can you turn it on so that we can see the problem now ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45385 by connyroukens
I turned standard Joomla SEF on, but still get a 404 on the webshop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45389 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Standard SEF gives 404
I see that you have some spaces in the URL when you turn on sef.
So first make sure that you don't have any spaces in the category and product SEF name of the configuration of HikaShop and that your menu's alias doesn't have any spaces too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45418 by connyroukens
I saw some spaces indeed ( www.s13660.cp.hostnet.nl/index.php/Update%20/%20About/webshop ), but i don't know where Update and About came from. Do you?
I have checked all the menu's, categories and products, but i can't find a space there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45420 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Standard SEF gives 404
I think that they come from the category and product SEF name of the configuration of HikaShop or your menu's alias... that's why I asked you to check these options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45442 by connyroukens
i did check these options. I didn't change category SEF name (category) or product SEF name (product). Also the menu's and their aliases don't contain any spaces. I don't know where to look now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45578 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Standard SEF gives 404
Mmm. I would have bet that you had a menu with the alias 'Update / About' which would be causing that...
Do you have something something which is called like that ? It must come from that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45583 by connyroukens
No, i don't. Maybe it's because i installed hikashop 1.5.6 and later updated this version to 1.5.7. After this update all hikashop plugins and modules were double.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #45810 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Standard SEF gives 404
No, I don't think that it comes from that.
That part of the SEF URL is normally handled by the SEF system of Joomla automatically. I don't see how it would come from HikaShop's configuration/installation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #46026 by connyroukens
Do you have another idea about why Joomla standard SEF doesn't work with Hikashop 1.5.7?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #46136 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Standard SEF gives 404
I don't see why it wouldn't work. We and other users have SEF on websites with that version without any issues. I'm out of ideas on your case though :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum