- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 2
Memory Limit - Images Issue
14 years 5 months ago #46732
by bendraper
Memory Limit - Images Issue was created by bendraper
Hi,
I've already read a little about this problem in the forumas and the joomla forums.
Every now and then when loading a product page I get the following error:
"
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15399956 bytes) in */administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 377"
I've checked my memory limit settings and PHP has 48Mb - the process indeicates that it needs 150Mb of memory which seams like an awful lot.
I suspect (as a result of reading replies to other similar issues) that this is due to pictures on the site and their size - I've cleaned out the /media/com_hikashop/uploads folder of all the various thumbnails and been through every page of the site (I figures that this would remove any excess and force a redraw of the relevant thumbnails. But this has not solved the problem.
The issue appears to go away when I reduce the number of products displayed on the latest products banner at the bottom of the page - but this is not an ideal solution.
www.lilybshop.co.uk/shop
Any thoughts?
Kind regards
Ben
I've already read a little about this problem in the forumas and the joomla forums.
Every now and then when loading a product page I get the following error:
"
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15399956 bytes) in */administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 377"
I've checked my memory limit settings and PHP has 48Mb - the process indeicates that it needs 150Mb of memory which seams like an awful lot.
I suspect (as a result of reading replies to other similar issues) that this is due to pictures on the site and their size - I've cleaned out the /media/com_hikashop/uploads folder of all the various thumbnails and been through every page of the site (I figures that this would remove any excess and force a redraw of the relevant thumbnails. But this has not solved the problem.
The issue appears to go away when I reduce the number of products displayed on the latest products banner at the bottom of the page - but this is not an ideal solution.
www.lilybshop.co.uk/shop
Any thoughts?
Kind regards
Ben
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46772
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Memory Limit - Images Issue
Hi,
That's indeed a lot of memory usage. Normally, once a thumbnail is created, the memory is not used.
Did you check that the thumbnails were indeed recreated in the thumbnails_XxY folders of the media/com_hikashop/upload folder ?
I'm thinking that maybe you have access right problems preventing HikaShop to save the thumbnails in the folder so it tries to recreate them on each page.
That's indeed a lot of memory usage. Normally, once a thumbnail is created, the memory is not used.
Did you check that the thumbnails were indeed recreated in the thumbnails_XxY folders of the media/com_hikashop/upload folder ?
I'm thinking that maybe you have access right problems preventing HikaShop to save the thumbnails in the folder so it tries to recreate them on each page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46785
by bendraper
Replied by bendraper on topic Re: Memory Limit - Images Issue
A fair point from Jerome about this (I'm not sure if it was a PM or a post, but I can't see the post here) I misread the bytes figure as 15Mb when it is in fact 15Mb - which makes more sence when looking at the file sizes of the pictures in question.
Server permissions do not seem to be an issue - the thumbnails are in the folders (although there a lot of different folders and sizes as a result of different original image dimensions) and take up about 5Mb
Really confused, but I will have another play in the morning and see if I can figure out if it is creating the images each time and stop it doing it!!
Kind regards
Ben
Server permissions do not seem to be an issue - the thumbnails are in the folders (although there a lot of different folders and sizes as a result of different original image dimensions) and take up about 5Mb
Really confused, but I will have another play in the morning and see if I can figure out if it is creating the images each time and stop it doing it!!
Kind regards
Ben
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds