PayPal payment page must be in English
- fireballxl5
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 2 months ago #55953
by fireballxl5
PayPal payment page must be in English was created by fireballxl5
Hello
I want my PayPal payment page to always appear in English, no matter where in the world the customer is located.
PayPal states that to force a language I need to enter the code "<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="GB">".
I have entered this on the configuration page for PayPal standard adding the text to the URL, but when I enter it and press Save, the additional text is wiped. So I'm guessing that the shop is reading something somewhere and overwriting what I have entered.
My question is, what is the code I need to enter to force PayPal to display their page in English and how do I update Hikashop.
If this is available as standard on the paid for Hikashop versions, then I am happy to upgrade.
Thanks
Mike
I want my PayPal payment page to always appear in English, no matter where in the world the customer is located.
PayPal states that to force a language I need to enter the code "<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="GB">".
I have entered this on the configuration page for PayPal standard adding the text to the URL, but when I enter it and press Save, the additional text is wiped. So I'm guessing that the shop is reading something somewhere and overwriting what I have entered.
My question is, what is the code I need to enter to force PayPal to display their page in English and how do I update Hikashop.
If this is available as standard on the paid for Hikashop versions, then I am happy to upgrade.
Thanks
Mike
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #55978
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: PayPal payment page must be in English
Hi,
The language is added automatically by HikaShop based on the current language of the user.
If you want to force it, you will have to add the code:
$vars["lc"]="GB";
before the line:
foreach( $vars as $name => $value ) {
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal_end.php
The language is added automatically by HikaShop based on the current language of the user.
If you want to force it, you will have to add the code:
$vars["lc"]="GB";
before the line:
foreach( $vars as $name => $value ) {
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal_end.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: fireballxl5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fireballxl5
-
Topic Author
- Offline
14 years 2 months ago #56083
by fireballxl5
Replied by fireballxl5 on topic Re: PayPal payment page must be in English
Hi Nicolas
I made the change as advised. Below is the code I have changed, as you can see I have entered the code you suggested but it isn't working. What have I done wrong?
Cheers
Mike
<div class="hikashop_paypal_end" id="hikashop_paypal_end">
<span id="hikashop_paypal_end_message" class="hikashop_paypal_end_message">
<?php echo JText::sprintf('PLEASE_WAIT_BEFORE_REDIRECTION_TO_X',$method->payment_name).'<br/>'. JText::_('CLICK_ON_BUTTON_IF_NOT_REDIRECTED');?>
</span>
<span id="hikashop_paypal_end_spinner" class="hikashop_paypal_end_spinner hikashop_checkout_end_spinner">
</span>
<br/>
<form id="hikashop_paypal_form" name="hikashop_paypal_form" action="<?php echo $method->payment_params->url;?>" method="post">
<div id="hikashop_paypal_end_image" class="hikashop_paypal_end_image">
<input id="hikashop_paypal_button" type="submit" value="<?php echo JText::_('PAY_NOW');?>" name="" alt="<?php echo JText::_('PAY_NOW');?>" />
</div>
<?php
$vars["lc"]="GB";
foreach( $vars as $name => $value ) {
echo '<input type="hidden" name="'.$name.'" value="'.htmlspecialchars((string)$value).'" />';
}
JRequest::setVar('noform',1); ?>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
document.getElementById('hikashop_paypal_form').submit();
//-->
</script>
</div>
I made the change as advised. Below is the code I have changed, as you can see I have entered the code you suggested but it isn't working. What have I done wrong?
Cheers
Mike
<div class="hikashop_paypal_end" id="hikashop_paypal_end">
<span id="hikashop_paypal_end_message" class="hikashop_paypal_end_message">
<?php echo JText::sprintf('PLEASE_WAIT_BEFORE_REDIRECTION_TO_X',$method->payment_name).'<br/>'. JText::_('CLICK_ON_BUTTON_IF_NOT_REDIRECTED');?>
</span>
<span id="hikashop_paypal_end_spinner" class="hikashop_paypal_end_spinner hikashop_checkout_end_spinner">
</span>
<br/>
<form id="hikashop_paypal_form" name="hikashop_paypal_form" action="<?php echo $method->payment_params->url;?>" method="post">
<div id="hikashop_paypal_end_image" class="hikashop_paypal_end_image">
<input id="hikashop_paypal_button" type="submit" value="<?php echo JText::_('PAY_NOW');?>" name="" alt="<?php echo JText::_('PAY_NOW');?>" />
</div>
<?php
$vars["lc"]="GB";
foreach( $vars as $name => $value ) {
echo '<input type="hidden" name="'.$name.'" value="'.htmlspecialchars((string)$value).'" />';
}
JRequest::setVar('noform',1); ?>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
document.getElementById('hikashop_paypal_form').submit();
//-->
</script>
</div>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56096
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: PayPal payment page must be in English
That's good.
It must work.
Can you give a link to your shop so that we can see that ?
It must work.
Can you give a link to your shop so that we can see that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fireballxl5
-
Topic Author
- Offline
14 years 2 months ago #56101
by fireballxl5
Replied by fireballxl5 on topic Re: PayPal payment page must be in English
here is the link -
mediastreamz.com/shop
demo/demo is an existing account or you can create a new one
Thanks
Mike
demo/demo is an existing account or you can create a new one
Thanks
Mike
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56159
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: PayPal payment page must be in English
I can see that you have the lc field set to GB in the paypal form of your website.
So the modification worked.
It seems that PayPal bases itself on the country of the address of the demo user.
If you set it to the USA our UK, the language changes to english on PayPal.
So the modification worked.
It seems that PayPal bases itself on the country of the address of the demo user.
If you set it to the USA our UK, the language changes to english on PayPal.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fireballxl5
-
Topic Author
- Offline
14 years 2 months ago #56240
by fireballxl5
Replied by fireballxl5 on topic Re: PayPal payment page must be in English
Hello Nicolas
Thanks for identifying the problem for me.
Is there anything I can do to allow customers to keep their proper address (as I have to deliver product to their home) yet fool PayPal into displaying their page in English (as it would if the address was in the UK)?
Thanks
Mike
Thanks for identifying the problem for me.
Is there anything I can do to allow customers to keep their proper address (as I have to deliver product to their home) yet fool PayPal into displaying their page in English (as it would if the address was in the UK)?
Thanks
Mike
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56243
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: PayPal payment page must be in English
You can add the line like you did for lc:
$vars["country"]="UK";
That will only set the country to UK for PayPal. In HikaShop, the country will still be the one of the user.
$vars["country"]="UK";
That will only set the country to UK for PayPal. In HikaShop, the country will still be the one of the user.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fireballxl5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fireballxl5
-
Topic Author
- Offline
14 years 2 months ago #56245
by fireballxl5
Replied by fireballxl5 on topic Re: PayPal payment page must be in English
Yes, that's it 
Thank you very much. Awesome support.
Mike
Thank you very much. Awesome support.
Mike
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds