Skip to main content

Image File Renaming - can I turn it off?

More
14 years 2 months ago #56040 by Astrostar59
Hello

I have quite e few variants on the same product, and the price changes as well. I am uploading the same blue board image
9 times for those variants, and the system is renaming the image with 234557 after the name.

This is going to mount the image download times for the web page. Is there a way to turn it off, so all the blue board
products use that same imager and image name?

I can't use options or related products tab, as that makes a new item and quantity in the cart, which will really confuse
a client.

Also, I don't suppose there is a way to clone say 20 variants as a set, and then I can edit just the board colour for each?
It would be a great feature that, as CS Cart had a clone selectable info enmass. It that instance it allowed a client to multi
change say all battery models for price increase at one go.

Let me know on the image rename please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56072 by nicolas
Hi,

You can't turn that off.
However, you don't need to upload the image for each variant if it's always the same. Just upload it once for the main product.

Also, options don't make a new item in the cart if you turn on the option "group options with product" in the Checkout tab of the configuration.

There is no copy button for variants.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #59129 by mike
Hello there

If the renaming could not be turned off, then there should be a feature, that if you delete a picture on the product view, that the file is also deleted. I have a already a large images directory within Hika Shop since I'm starting with it and make a lot of products, upload images, delete them again, upload them again and so on.

As a suggestion for a next version: May it be possible to provide the same functionality for the Images like for the Files? There it's possible to choose between "Upload file" and "Specify Location".

Best regards
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #59203 by mike

...delete a picture on the product view, that the file is also deleted.

Sry, I was wrong. The Shop do this.

But the feature (like for the attached files, to simply specify an Image location by hand) would be nice anyway.
Best regards
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #59249 by nicolas
Yes. It's on the todo list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #64289 by mike
Thank you for adding this feature on the todo list!
I'll welcome it B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum