- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending
- unclefudgly
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 2 months ago #58803
by unclefudgly
Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending was created by unclefudgly
Hi
all of a sudden I am not receiving registration emails from Hikashop. Joomla is correctly sending emails to the same address when I am using a different contact form. I have checked Joomla email settings and they are correct for my host. So I'm left with Hikashop not communicating with Joomla properly!!
Any ideas as this is pretty urgent??
all of a sudden I am not receiving registration emails from Hikashop. Joomla is correctly sending emails to the same address when I am using a different contact form. I have checked Joomla email settings and they are correct for my host. So I'm left with Hikashop not communicating with Joomla properly!!
Any ideas as this is pretty urgent??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58860
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending
Hi,
Can you check too the email settings in the configuration of HikaShop ?
Do you receive the order emails ?
Did you change something in the emails of HikaShop or in the configuration of HikaShop ?
Can you check too the email settings in the configuration of HikaShop ?
Do you receive the order emails ?
Did you change something in the emails of HikaShop or in the configuration of HikaShop ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- unclefudgly
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #58904
by unclefudgly
Replied by unclefudgly on topic Re: Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending
I resorted to changing Joomlas email settings to use SMTP instead of PHP mail, and that has fixed it for now, though at least 4 registrations where lost in the void. It's a bit worrying not being able to rely 100% on the system working without a hitch. FWIW I did not change a single setting before this error happened!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58954
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending
It must be a problem with your hosting then.
Maybe you reached some kind of limit they had in place with phpmail (most of them have limits and they are lower than with SMTP). It could also be that they change something on their end.
You might want to contact them and ask them why the emails are not sending anymore with phpmail.
Maybe you reached some kind of limit they had in place with phpmail (most of them have limits and they are lower than with SMTP). It could also be that they change something on their end.
You might want to contact them and ask them why the emails are not sending anymore with phpmail.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- unclefudgly
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #58958
by unclefudgly
Replied by unclefudgly on topic Re: Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending
I don't think that was the problem, as email through the contact form as I said continued to work through php mail. The problems are only with Hikashop!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58960
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending
HikaShop uses the joomla email layer in order to send the emails so I don't see how it could be a problem with HikaShop. If it was, changing the config of joomla to use SMTP wouldn't have solved the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132838
by phil2010
Replied by phil2010 on topic Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending
I am having the exact same problem as this .. was there any other resolution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132995
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Registration Confirmation Email Not Sending
Hi,
Please indicate your HikaShop version number and your Joomla version number (or open a new thread for your problem).
This thread have more than one year; HikaShop and Joomla have changed since the last message.
Regards,
Please indicate your HikaShop version number and your Joomla version number (or open a new thread for your problem).
This thread have more than one year; HikaShop and Joomla have changed since the last message.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds