Procedure to upgrade release of hika
14 years 1 month ago #59766
by Teto
Procedure to upgrade release of hika was created by Teto
Since june I have been using hika business and i am very happy about that. :laugh:
I am customizating a little bit the css and some views.
I know you are going to provider a new release in august.
What is the right procedure to install the new release and don't lose my customizations?
Thanks.
I am customizating a little bit the css and some views.
I know you are going to provider a new release in august.
What is the right procedure to install the new release and don't lose my customizations?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #59768
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Procedure to upgrade release of hika
Hi,
All views overrides are stored in special directories which are not affected by updates.
About the CSS, if you do not modify the hikashop css files directly but you use custom css (thanks to the hikashop backend), there won't have any problem.
Regards,
All views overrides are stored in special directories which are not affected by updates.
About the CSS, if you do not modify the hikashop css files directly but you use custom css (thanks to the hikashop backend), there won't have any problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #59771
by Teto
Replied by Teto on topic Re: Procedure to upgrade release of hika
Thank you jerome
To modify the CSS I use the hikashop backend, so I should be on safe.
How could i understand if you made some modification in the standard frontend css and in the standard views?
Is there a sort of documentation in order to understand if you modify that part?
This because I don't want to lose any modification or enhancement you can provide.
Thank you in advance.
To modify the CSS I use the hikashop backend, so I should be on safe.
How could i understand if you made some modification in the standard frontend css and in the standard views?
Is there a sort of documentation in order to understand if you modify that part?
This because I don't want to lose any modification or enhancement you can provide.
Thank you in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #59785
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Procedure to upgrade release of hika
If you do your changes via the HikaShop interface you're safe.
If you edited the files directly via FTP, you're not.
In any cases, I encourage you to do a backup of your website before upgrading, in case something goes wrong
If you edited the files directly via FTP, you're not.
In any cases, I encourage you to do a backup of your website before upgrading, in case something goes wrong
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #59887
by Teto
Replied by Teto on topic Re: Procedure to upgrade release of hika
Thanks nicolas
Yes I am doing all my customization via Hika's interface.
My question is a little bit different, sorry for my english, i will try to explain it another time.
I use a custom Front-end CSS file (frontend_custom.css).
Inside this file I changed a little bit some options:
.hikashop_product_left_part{
text-align:center;
float:left;
/* Stefano Start */
/* width:50%; */
width:35%;
margin-bottom:20px;
/* Stefano End */
}
Now, when you release a new version of Hika, how may I know if you changed something in the default frontend.CSS
For example if you change the allignment in the .hikashop_product_left_part
.hikashop_product_left_part{
text-align:center;
float:RIGHT;
}
The same thing is for the custom views.
Do you send a list of the files you changed or is necessary to verify them manually?
I can manually check everything because the customizations are really few for the moment, but I would like to know if exist a smarter way to do that.
Thank You.
Yes I am doing all my customization via Hika's interface.
My question is a little bit different, sorry for my english, i will try to explain it another time.
I use a custom Front-end CSS file (frontend_custom.css).
Inside this file I changed a little bit some options:
.hikashop_product_left_part{
text-align:center;
float:left;
/* Stefano Start */
/* width:50%; */
width:35%;
margin-bottom:20px;
/* Stefano End */
}
Now, when you release a new version of Hika, how may I know if you changed something in the default frontend.CSS
For example if you change the allignment in the .hikashop_product_left_part
.hikashop_product_left_part{
text-align:center;
float:RIGHT;
}
The same thing is for the custom views.
Do you send a list of the files you changed or is necessary to verify them manually?
I can manually check everything because the customizations are really few for the moment, but I would like to know if exist a smarter way to do that.
Thank You.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #59968
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Procedure to upgrade release of hika
We always try to keep what we already have.
So normally you don't have such problems after updates.
For the CSS, you can go around the problem by adding your modifications in another CSS file. For example, you could add them in your template's CSS. That way, you would use the default CSS of HikaShop and you would get the new CSS when updating.
But that's not possible for views.
There is no list of modified files so I'm afraid that you will have to check them one by one.
So normally you don't have such problems after updates.
For the CSS, you can go around the problem by adding your modifications in another CSS file. For example, you could add them in your template's CSS. That way, you would use the default CSS of HikaShop and you would get the new CSS when updating.
But that's not possible for views.
There is no list of modified files so I'm afraid that you will have to check them one by one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60005
by Teto
Replied by Teto on topic Re: Procedure to upgrade release of hika
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds