- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Error: "Could not instantiate mail function"
- chrisclemesltd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 10 months ago #76133
by chrisclemesltd
Error: "Could not instantiate mail function" was created by chrisclemesltd
Hello
I have attached a screenshot from the checkout on my site. I get the error when I tried typing in my old username and also when I tried to register a new account.
Any idea what may be going on here?
I have attached a screenshot from the checkout on my site. I get the error when I tried typing in my old username and also when I tried to register a new account.
Any idea what may be going on here?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76195
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Error: "Could not instantiate mail function"
Hi,
HikaShop use the Joomla Mail system to send emails.
Your website is configure to use "php mail function" to send email but this function could be forbidden on some web hosting.
Please configure the Joomla options in order to use another mail system (smtp, sendmail) and check with you web hosting.
This option is a Joomla option in : (menu) Site > (menu item) Global Configuration > (tab) Server > (zone) Mail Settings > (option) Mailer
Regards,
HikaShop use the Joomla Mail system to send emails.
Your website is configure to use "php mail function" to send email but this function could be forbidden on some web hosting.
Please configure the Joomla options in order to use another mail system (smtp, sendmail) and check with you web hosting.
This option is a Joomla option in : (menu) Site > (menu item) Global Configuration > (tab) Server > (zone) Mail Settings > (option) Mailer
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisclemesltd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds