- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 2
change to language file not working
13 years 9 months ago #82293
by gigi
change to language file not working was created by gigi
URGENT, please help, as I am trying to finish this job and it seems when I get close something goes wrong again with this.
I have changed the wording in the language tab in configureation as per this forum - as we want ORDER NOW or similar NOT REGISTER NOW and some other changes.
I did all these successfully, the job has been left for a few weeks and when I go back the wording is all changed again back to the original although the language file is there and saved with my changes.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP urgently.
See attached screenshot, I had changed this to ORDER DETAILS etc but now is jumping back to this.
Here is the link to the page - this is not in any menu so you need the link -
phonicsalive.com.au/index.php/home-versions
THANK YOU
I have changed the wording in the language tab in configureation as per this forum - as we want ORDER NOW or similar NOT REGISTER NOW and some other changes.
I did all these successfully, the job has been left for a few weeks and when I go back the wording is all changed again back to the original although the language file is there and saved with my changes.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP urgently.
See attached screenshot, I had changed this to ORDER DETAILS etc but now is jumping back to this.
Here is the link to the page - this is not in any menu so you need the link -
phonicsalive.com.au/index.php/home-versions
THANK YOU
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82330
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic change to language file not working
Hi,
That means that you did a mistake when you changed some of the text. You should turn on the "debug language" option of the joomla configuration. That will display all the errors in language files on the pages of your website at the bottom with the line number of the error, so you will see where is the problem.
That means that you did a mistake when you changed some of the text. You should turn on the "debug language" option of the joomla configuration. That will display all the errors in language files on the pages of your website at the bottom with the line number of the error, so you will see where is the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82342
by gigi
Replied by gigi on topic change to language file not working
I actually did this a few weeks ago and haven't changed anything and it was working. I have fixed it now by copying the text from another shop I made for which I originally copied this from the site that was not showing the correct changes I made. Hope you understand this, it just seemed to change on it's own and now I have copied the info from the other site that is working it is ok.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82457
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic change to language file not working
Hi,
Did you use the language part or the override part ?
Language section could be overwrite by updates or by the "update language" button.
Regards,
Did you use the language part or the override part ?
Language section could be overwrite by updates or by the "update language" button.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82486
by gigi
Replied by gigi on topic change to language file not working
I used the overwrite and I thought they may have happened... but if I use the overwirte this should stay the same?? Anyway that is solved, I have other issues.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #91501
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic change to language file not working
I seem to be having the same issue. I changed text and put it in the override section but it's not been overridden. I check the file and the override text is there but it's picking up the default.
Also, does it make a difference how I update the override text.
I download the override file from /public_html/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini make the change and upload it. Could that be causing a problem?
Thanks!!
Also, does it make a difference how I update the override text.
I download the override file from /public_html/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini make the change and upload it. Could that be causing a problem?
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #91654
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic change to language file not working
Hi,
Thanks to try to use the translation file from the Backend, in HikaShop > Configuration > Languages, edit you language and add the translation in the override part and then save.
Thanks to try to use the translation file from the Backend, in HikaShop > Configuration > Languages, edit you language and add the translation in the override part and then save.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #92280
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic change to language file not working
Hi Xavier,
That's what I've been doing and it was working before - up until about a week or two ago. For example, I have the following lines translated:
THIS:
LIMIT_REACHED="Limit reached. Quantity reduced for product: %s"
LIMIT_REACHED_REMOVED="Limit reached. You can't add the product: %s"
TO THIS:
LIMIT_REACHED="Sorry, there is no more %s available"
LIMIT_REACHED_REMOVED="Sorry, there is no more %s available"
But it's still showing the original text. I'm confused as to why it stopped working.
Thanks!!
That's what I've been doing and it was working before - up until about a week or two ago. For example, I have the following lines translated:
THIS:
LIMIT_REACHED="Limit reached. Quantity reduced for product: %s"
LIMIT_REACHED_REMOVED="Limit reached. You can't add the product: %s"
TO THIS:
LIMIT_REACHED="Sorry, there is no more %s available"
LIMIT_REACHED_REMOVED="Sorry, there is no more %s available"
But it's still showing the original text. I'm confused as to why it stopped working.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #92281
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic change to language file not working
Nevermind... It looks like I have something in the file that it doesn't like. Not sure what it is yet but I will do a process of elimination to find it.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #92293
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic change to language file not working
Hi,
You can check if there is no missing quote or some double quotes.
Like:
LIMIT_REACHED=Sorry, there is no more %s available"
LIMIT_REACHED="Sorry, there is no more %s available
LIMIT_REACHED=""Sorry, there is no more %s available"
Quotes could not be use into message too, so the next example is wrong:
LIMIT_REACHED="Sorry, there is no more "%s" available"
If there is an error in your override content, the whole file would be ignored.
Regards,
You can check if there is no missing quote or some double quotes.
Like:
LIMIT_REACHED=Sorry, there is no more %s available"
LIMIT_REACHED="Sorry, there is no more %s available
LIMIT_REACHED=""Sorry, there is no more %s available"
Quotes could not be use into message too, so the next example is wrong:
LIMIT_REACHED="Sorry, there is no more "%s" available"
If there is an error in your override content, the whole file would be ignored.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #92298
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic change to language file not working
Hi Jerome,
That was exactly the problem - a missing quote. Now I can breath...
Thanks!!
That was exactly the problem - a missing quote. Now I can breath...
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds