- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
JavaScript Error - breaks CSS in IE
13 years 8 months ago #84463
by acarlo1
JavaScript Error - breaks CSS in IE was created by acarlo1
Hello,
First of all thank you for an awesome shopping cart! I have traced down a bug in the Content Module, a javascript syntax error, missing semicolon. Only IE seems to have a problem with it, but it breaks CSS in that case. If I disable the Content Module the syntax error no longer shows in the developer console and CSS loads properly.
I put the code into an online error checker and it says missing semicolon, but I honestly don't know where the semicolon should be.
Here is the function causing the error:
First of all thank you for an awesome shopping cart! I have traced down a bug in the Content Module, a javascript syntax error, missing semicolon. Only IE seems to have a problem with it, but it breaks CSS in that case. If I disable the Content Module the syntax error no longer shows in the developer console and CSS loads properly.
I put the code into an online error checker and it says missing semicolon, but I honestly don't know where the semicolon should be.
Here is the function causing the error:
Code:
function hikashopModifyQuantity(id,obj,add,form,type){var d=document,cart_type="cart",addStr="",qty=1,e=null;if(type)cart_type=type;if(add)addStr="&add=1";if(obj){qty=parseInt(obj.value);}else if(document.getElementById("hikashop_product_quantity_field_"+id).value){qty=document.getElementById("hikashop_product_quantity_field_"+id).value;}
if(form&&document[form]){var varform=document[form];if(cart_type=="wishlist"){e=d.getElementById("hikashop_cart_type_"+id);if(e)e.value="wishlist";f=d.getElementById("type");if(f)f.value="wishlist";}else{e=d.getElementById("hikashop_cart_type_"+id);if(e)e.value="cart";}
if(varform.task){varform.task.value="updatecart";}
varform.submit();}else{var url="/component/hikashop/product/updatecart/tmpl-component?from=module&product_id="+id+"&cart_type="+cart_type+"&quantity="+qty+addStr+"&return_url=L2NvbXBvbmVudC9oaWthc2hvcC9jaGVja291dA%3D%3D";
var completeFct=function(result){if(cart_type!="wishlist"){var hikaModule=window.document.getElementById("hikashop_cart_module");if(hikaModule)hikaModule.innerHTML=result;}
window.location='/component/hikashop/checkout';}
>> Error checker at http://www.javascriptlint.com/online_lint.php points to this location as missing semicolon
try{new Ajax(url,{method:"get",onComplete:completeFct}).request();}catch(err){new Request({url:url,method:"get",onComplete:completeFct}).send();}}
return false;}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #84471
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic JavaScript Error - breaks CSS in IE
Hi,
Thanks for the report. I have patched the javascript. It would be include in the next HikaShop release.
You can edit the file "administrator/com_hikashop/helpers/cart.php" and add a semicolon for the two "var completeFct = function(result) { ... };".
Regards,
Thanks for the report. I have patched the javascript. It would be include in the next HikaShop release.
You can edit the file "administrator/com_hikashop/helpers/cart.php" and add a semicolon for the two "var completeFct = function(result) { ... };".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: acarlo1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #84596
by acarlo1
Replied by acarlo1 on topic JavaScript Error - breaks CSS in IE
Awesome, thanks Jerome! Very impressed with the quick response!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds