- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page
13 years 8 months ago #86269
by davidla
Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page was created by davidla
Hi,
I have created a Site to which I recently added SH404ef and whilst I struggle to get that right I have another issue. Some of my products appear twise in the product browser, with the same ID. If I unpublish the product they both beome unpublished, so I know they are the same.
Now when I browse the product in my site it lets me drill down via the menu see here:
www.allsortsofsweets.com.au/index.php/sour/product/listing.html
if you click the top middle product Ross's Soor Plooms, you will get a 404 error. How can this be?
I have created a Site to which I recently added SH404ef and whilst I struggle to get that right I have another issue. Some of my products appear twise in the product browser, with the same ID. If I unpublish the product they both beome unpublished, so I know they are the same.
Now when I browse the product in my site it lets me drill down via the menu see here:
www.allsortsofsweets.com.au/index.php/sour/product/listing.html
if you click the top middle product Ross's Soor Plooms, you will get a 404 error. How can this be?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86384
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page
Hi,
Do you have edited any views ?
Are you sure that the products are twice in database ?
The 404 error append maybe because of the sh404sef configuration.
Do you have edited any views ?
Are you sure that the products are twice in database ?
The 404 error append maybe because of the sh404sef configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86393
by davidla
Replied by davidla on topic Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86419
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page
I don't really know how the product have been duplicated with the same id, it should not be possible.
Can you give us the steps used to duplicate this product ? (if you have duplicated it).
To remove one of this product, you can create a little script which will select all the products, check for duplicate IDs, get the duplicated product_id and product_order, and then delete the products from the table product where the product_id = ... AND product_order = ...
Can you give us the steps used to duplicate this product ? (if you have duplicated it).
To remove one of this product, you can create a little script which will select all the products, check for duplicate IDs, get the duplicated product_id and product_order, and then delete the products from the table product where the product_id = ... AND product_order = ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86512
by davidla
Replied by davidla on topic Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page
The database only shows one item with the equivalent product_id (of course). This product has not been ordered yet so there are no orders. The problem appears to be in the display in hikashop only.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86532
by davidla
Replied by davidla on topic Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page
Further to this, the product shows as a single if I drill down through the product categories and only shows as duplicate if it is multiple categories. I assume then this is the design and it is in fact showing the same product for multiple categories. Maybe you need to display the category if you are going to do this, to avoid confusion. BTW what is the order field for?
David
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86661
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page
Had you edited the view "product / listing" in the backend template in HikaShop > Display > Views ?
The order field is for change the order of the products in the category, it can be useful in a frontend products listing, or if you use the "next - previous" buttons on a product page.
The order field is for change the order of the products in the category, it can be useful in a frontend products listing, or if you use the "next - previous" buttons on a product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86708
by davidla
Replied by davidla on topic Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page
No definitely not.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds