Skip to main content

Display of category description

More
13 years 3 months ago #110056 by Kes
I would like to use the 'preformatted' option for the display of category descriptions, but it splits words when the lines of text are too long for the display box. Is there a way to control the formatting within the 'preformatted' display area?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #110087 by Eliot
Hi there,

I'm sorry but I don't know which option you are talking about, could you please be more precise and give us a screenshot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #110098 by Kes
Replied by Kes on topic Display of category description
I am using the TinyMCE as the editor for data such as Category description. This gives the format option 'preformatted' for my descriptions, which displays the text of the description in a box on the product listing page when the category is selected. But the text within the box does not wrap at the end of a word, words are split. I have attached a screen shot. You can see that the word 'twentieth' has been split across two lines.

Do I have any control over this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #110103 by Kes
Replied by Kes on topic Display of category description
Second attempt at attaching the screenshot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #110106 by Kes
Replied by Kes on topic Display of category description
Third attempt

First time I attached the htm file, the second was a jpg, which I guess was too big.

Trying again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #110172 by Xavier
Hi,

This don't seems to be related on HikaShop, it's probably TinyMCE which is not formatting well the text.
We are just doing an echo of the given string.

Thanks to check on google if other users of TinyMCE encountered this problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #110603 by Kes
Replied by Kes on topic Display of category description
Thanks for that. I have tried a different editor, Artof, same problem. I am thinking this is a template problem - so I will persue that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #157416 by CREATIVICA
Hi,
Could anyone explain how to display the text of the description?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #157418 by nicolas
Hi,

Edit your products/categories listing menu/module via the menu Display>Content menus/modules and change the "item box layout" option to "image and description"
The following user(s) said Thank You: CREATIVICA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum