- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 5
Paypal invalid transaction + no confirmation
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.18
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Hi,
Since a few weeks for every Paypal payments that is made on my clients website I receive the following error message by email:
Paypal payment notification refused:invalid transaction
A paypal notification was refused because it could not be verified by the paypal server
Check the documentation concerning this issue at www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_up...pal-error#invalidtnx
This notification was for the order ######## on the website XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
You can access the order details directly by clicking on the link below after logging in your back end:
The Paypal payment does get through and money is received, but the orders are no longer set to the confirmed status automatically anymore.
I have attached a screenshot of the settings in the Hikashop Paypal plugin.
Could you please advice me in how to fix this?
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Have you read the indicated documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_up...pal-error#invalidtnx
Do you have any errors returned in the payment log file in Configuration > Main > Files ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your quick reply.
The documentation for this error does not give much helpful information. It just stated that notifications are checked to see if they originated from a known Paypal server, and that if they are not the message can be ignored. The problem is that the message should come from a Paypal server since they are the direct result of a paypal payment.
Clicking "See the Report" under Configuration > Main > Files gives me the message "The log file is empty".
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This indicates that the PayPal server refused to validate the payment notification when HikaShop asked it to.
Please try again with the debug mode option of the PayPal payment method activated. That will add the debug data in the log file. That will provide valuable information as to why PayPal is doing that with the payment notification.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have enabled the debug option for the Paypal plugin and collected a few transactions in the log. Most of what is in the log file is not very clear to me, but all separate transactions that are logged and with the following lines:
INVALID
invalid transaction
Can i send you the log so that you can tale a look at it to see what is going wrong?
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Try to change the line:
foreach($_REQUEST as $key => $value) {
to:
foreach($_POST as $key => $value) {
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php and try again.
It seems that some parameters are added to the request on your website when that should not happen and this modification should circumvent the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your help. I have made the change to paypal.php as you suggested, but the same issues as I described before are still present. An order paid for through Paypal is still not confirmed, the email with the warning message is still sent to the administrator and the error log looks the same.
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Have you got any idea what else could be causing this, and what I can do to fix it?
Paypal not functioning properly is quite annoying for this website since it is a frequently used payment method.
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for the delay.
Could you look at the IPN history in your PayPal account ? It should provide more information as to why PayPal is refusing the payment notifications. That information would be crucial to understand why PayPal does that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for my own slow reply.
I have had a look at the IPN history in the Paypal account linked to the webshop. I don't know what to look for however. As far as I can see everything looks normal. I will send you a screenshot of the pages and the IPN message, as well as the corresponding Hikashop error log through email.
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We got the email thanks. It indeed doesn't give much clues.
Try to add the line:
if(in_array($key,array('hikashop_front_end_main','view'))) continue;
after the line:
foreach($_POST as $key => $value) {
in the PayPal plugin and see if that helps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have tried your suggestion, but I do not see any effect. The order still stays at the 'created' status and is not 'confirmed'.
Do you want me to email you the error log and IPN log again?
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have been busy with other project so this issue got put on hold for a bit. I would still very much like to fix this though.
I have emailed you the Paypal Log file and the Paypal IPN messages for the three most recent Paypal transcations. All of these still give the following error message email:
Hello,
A paypal notification was refused because it could not be verified by the paypal server
Check the documentation concerning this issue at www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_up...pal-error#invalidtnx
This notification was for the order ORDERNUMBER on the website WEBADDRESS
You can access the order details directly by clicking on the link below after logging in your back end:
https://WEBADDRESS/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=order&task=edit&order_id=ORDERID
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I got the logs.
I'm out of ideas on why this would happen.
Let's circumvent the problem.
Change the line:
$verified = preg_match('#VERIFIED#i', $response);
to:
$verified = true;
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php and make sure that you enter a list of the IPs of the PayPal servers in the "IPs" field of the payment method options screen.
That should keep the security high enough and avoid the notifications from being refused.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your solution. I don't think this is ideal, but at least the orders are automatically confirmed again now.
I have used the IP addresses for ipnpb.paypal.com that are listed at this page: ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/92 and it appears to work.
Kind regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is it good to use this fix? have there been any other forum fixes other that this one?
HikaShop: v.2.5.0
Joomla: v.3.4.3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you give us more elements, please check together these points :
- Do you have already use the Paypal plugin before ?
- If yes : do you note an evenement around this plugin issue ? Joomla or HikaShop Updates ?
does your plugins is updated ?
- Do you process some tests with debug mode ON ?
- Do you have some data in your log file ?
- Do you check sales data on your Paypal settings page ?
Note that the Paypal plugin was recently updated in order to follow new Paypal payment gateway standards.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Q: Do you have already use the Paypal plugin before ?
A: yes it was working before the Joomla 3.5.1 update
Q: If yes : do you note an evenement around this plugin issue ? Joomla or HikaShop Updates ?
A: Joomla 3.5.1 update, I have applied the fix on this page and the one here: www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/883603-4...heckout-process.html
Q: does your plugins is updated ?
A: I am using ( * @version 1.6.7) of the plugin
Q: Do you process some tests with debug mode ON ?
A: yes, what is this suppose to do? I saw no difference in the process and there was no data added to the paypal log file
Q: Do you have some data in your log file ?
A: The log file is empty /home/*********/public_html/media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/logs/report_135237915.log
Q: Do you check sales data on your Paypal settings page ?
A: please see attachment for settings
You said: Note that the Paypal plugin was recently updated in order to follow new Paypal payment gateway standards.
Where do I update this, where do I find the download file?
HikaShop: v.2.5.0
Joomla: v.3.4.3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.