- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
blank screen when updating cart
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
On an older computer/OS we can consistent get the error on firefox and IE when trying to update the cart (add/delete).
On my new computer/OS, it works majority of the time, but I get the blank screen intermittently. I have not figure out the pattern when I get the blank screen. I can recreate this problem sometime following this step
1. if I checkout my cart
2. proceed to paypal
3. I don't logging into paypal
4. I manually go back to my website (without clicking Cancel and return button on the bottom of the paypal screen)
5. update my cart (adding/deleting product from cart).
6. I get blank screen under my top menu bar.
I have hikashop starter version 2.1.1 installed.
FYI: Since the client has only limited products and only 1 category, I didn't use hikashop product template page, instead I used joomla article to build my own product page using this "
Appreciate any help as this is affecting my customer with her orders.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We are not able to reproduce the problem. Maybe an update of HikaShop to the latest version would help.
Otherwise, I recommend to turn on the debug mode and error reporting options of the joomla configuration and try again. Do you see any error message when you reproduce the problem with these options turned on ?
If not, can you do a screenshot of your browser on the page where the error happens ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
I just upgraded to latest version of hikashop and I'm still getting the blank screen in the old computer/OS. I can't recreate this problem on my new computer/OS (again that one I get intermittent blank screen). So far I can't recreate the problem on Apple's safari.
Here is the website: selective-mutism.com/the-silence-within-book
Attached is the blank screen shot.
When I get the blank screen, website is directed to url selective-mutism.com/component/hikashop/product/updatecart instead of selective-mutism.com/the-silence-within-book maybe an indication of the error?
You know what hikashop code/file I can look to debug this problem? should I look at component/controller/cart.php? Is there some debugging line I should put in to help with this? Is it trying to display an error message, but somehow for some reason it can't.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Did another test: Just went to old computer and went to the product page and click check out and went to the paypal page. Once in paypal, I click "cancel and return to website". This suddenly clears the blank page problem. So I wonder if I'm getting intermittent cache or order error that somehow when I click on paypal's "Cancel and Return" button it clears up cache (or clear data stored) that is causing the blank screen error. Until I do this step, I was able to repeated reproduce the blank screen error in the old computer.
Does this make sense? I wonder if you can point to file/code/setting where I can start debug this error?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So I guess that the problem is fixed with the new version.
The problem was probably coming from the cart data which was screwed and proceeding to paypal and coming back cleared the cart data and thus it then worked fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
This seem to best way to recreate the blank screen (seem to recreaet majority of the time):
1. Go to www.selective-mutism.com/the-silence-within-book .
2. Add one of the product to cart
3. checkout cart
2. proceed to paypal
3. Don't logging into paypal
4. Manually go back to website (without clicking Cancel and return button on the bottom of the paypal screen), by entering www.selective-mutism.com/the-silence-within-book
5. update my cart (adding/deleting product from cart).
6. The blank screen will show up majority of the time.
You know which file(s) I can look into that handle insert/delete and update cart as well as clear cart (cache?) if paypal cancels, so this can be debug further. You know where is the cart stored? My client is not happy with me right now. She is losing orders, unfortunately I didn't catch this intermittent problem until after it went into production.
Thanks for any clues you can give.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
The url show www.selective-mutism.com/t/product/updatecart (t is my test product page) versus the product page.
Is it forgetting to where to go back to the product page so that's show it's blank? Or it's failing somewhere so it never return back to the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
This seem to the best way to recreate the blank screen (seem to recreate majority of the time) on my computer, but I'm not sure if the blank screen occurs in other scenario.
1. Go to www.selective-mutism.com/the-silence-within-book .
2. Add one of the product to cart
3. checkout cart
2. proceed to paypal
3. DO NOT logging into paypal
4. Close the paypal login webpage (DO NOT CLICK Cancel and return button).
4. Manually go back to website by entering www.selective-mutism.com/the-silence-within-book
5. update my cart (adding/deleting product from cart).
6. The blank screen will show up majority of the time.
To clear the blank screen error, I have to place order, checkout and proceed to paypal and click Cancel and return button. This indicate there is some caching/sync problem.
I appreciate any help as I don't know if potential buyer is getting blank screen even before reaching the paypal screen and client is not getting any orders.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you try to toggle the option "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" and/or the option "After a product is added to the cart" of the configuration and try again.
I think that it should help avoid the issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
I'm also using Hikashop product tag insertion plugin (attached screen short of article containing insert tag). Is there a way to force ajax for this? Where should I set this if I'm using insert plugin.
I also attached cart cache setting (I've been playing around to see if which combination fix the problem, but so far nothing is working)
I attached screen when cart is working (the url shows selective-mutism/the-silence-within-book)
I attached screen whtn cart is not working and showing blank screen (the url shows selective-mutism/component/hikashop/product/updatecart)
Can my paypal setting be causing the problem too (see attached)? I have Verified status set to confirmed (that's one of thing I changed not longer ago). I needed to change the order status after paypal, so someone who ordered downloadable file gets an automatic email.
FYI: I gave the id created last time admin access.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The "After a product is added to the cart" option is available in the cart section of the configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
I played with the setting in Configuration-->Cart "After a product is added to the cart" but so far I get blank screen when I add/delete item on left column Shopping Cart. I want buyer to stay on the same page until they press proceed to checkout. What setting should I set for this?
In my main column, I have product and the "add to cart" button. Is this consider a cart?
In my website's top menu Consultation, I use the same shopping cart (same layout) but display on this page instead. This is different type of product which we want to display separately. Is this a problem?
Right now when I click add to cart, it's working fine. It's when I go to the shopping cart on the left column and try to change quantity or delete, I get a blank screen.
What is the right configuration? Are there more cart (and their cart setting) I'm not aware of. Which cart should I be deleting?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just tried to reproduce the problem on your website, and the cart seems to be working fine, did you solved your problem or am I missing something ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
FYI The add cart button on the main column (right) works fine now (after I activate AJAX)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you provide a backend access to your website so that we can look at the settings of HikaShop ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We got the backend access and did some tests but that was not enough to find a solution.
Could you provide a FTP access to the website so that we can put traces in the code to find the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- laurangeng18
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So when you access the website via www.selective-mutism.com/ you get the issue because some security check bases itself on selective-mutism.com/ and since it is different forbids the redirection.
I've added a patch on our end to avoid that such misconfiguration cause a problem in HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.