- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 3
google product category is missing
I uploaded manually the googlemerchantfile downloaded from the plugin. Google replyed that the google product category is missing on all products.
Where can i apply the category ??
Thanks for reply
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you post a small example of the file you used with google product?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have also tried to create a cron job but it told me that i have no subscription for site ilmondodiwit.com. I have buyed business edition some weeks ago.
How comes ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please log in or register to see it.
Here is the file i downloaded.
The subscription i resolved because i didn't add the website when i downloaded the businessedition. sorry
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So for an single category shop like mine you could set in the shop settings:
and so one.
A mall which many product types leafes it blank and specifies in the product categories
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Actually, the category tag used by google is just made to fit their specification and help them to determine the product code needed (like UPC, EAN...).
But your product categories are already specified by our plugin in the "type" tag, which is (as said on this page support.google.com/merchants/answer/1884...en&ref_topic=2473824 your categories of the item).
To sum up, the category tag isn't necessary if you don't sell goods in one of this free categories: 'Apparel & Accessories', 'Media', and 'Software'.
If your product aren't in one of these categories, the category tag is optional.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is no problem. Just i've seen that google said that the attribute was missing and i wondered how to insert it. I just wondered that there is a plugin for this and there is not the possibility to add the categorys.
the category tag isn't necessary if you don't sell goods in one of this free categories: 'Apparel & Accessories',
I sell in the categorys 'Apparel & Accessories'. So how can i do
i find no tag to insert
Thanks and best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Attachment not found
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
for me it looks the same which it was already installed, enabled and confugured (like screenshot)
This is the output of the first item in the new xml file.
For me it seems nothing changed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I looked the plugin. i don't know because i'm not able to write a single line of code and i'm not able to read. but i tried to have a look on the plugin.
i found a line
i don't know if this should get the category of the product. I saw tha all others had a line where is the
but i didn't find anything for the category.
For sure that has nothing to do with it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With it you should be able to specify a category for your product in the plugin configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
and now it seems to accept the xml file without complaining that something is missing.
I also change the line
and now the output is ok and accepted by google.
Is there anything you could do about adding the hikashop behind the google_product_category.
Because there is some specification on google:
Examples of ‘google product category’ submissions:
Leggings fall under the 'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing' category specified above. When submitting leggings:
Acceptable categories:
'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing'
'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing' > Pants'
'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing' > Pants > Leggings'
Invalid categories
'Apparel & Accessories' !!!
Thanks for reply
Failing to provide any 'google product category'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't understand what your mean by "adding the hikashop behind the google_product_category" since you can now set whatever you in the plugin configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't understand what your mean by "adding the hikashop behind the google_product_category" since you can now set whatever you in the plugin configuration.
That's right. I can set what i want. But the plugin provides the general category -> means for example
Apparel & Accessories
But this is for EVERY product of the shop. I'm ,for example, running category shop in this category.
Like google explains
Acceptable categories:
'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing'
'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing' > Pants'
'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing' > Pants > Leggings'
Invalid categories
'Apparel & Accessories' !!!
So if i set for example Apparel & Accessories in the plugin it does not add the categorys for example 'Clothing' which i set in the product category in the shop article settings.
Another example.
I set in the plugin Apparel & Accessories -> so every product gets the google_product_category Apparel & Accessories
I have in my shop the product categorys
-> Rings
-> Necklaces
-> Bracelets
ecc
Second the google directives all my products could be good in Apparel & Accessories > jewelry
But it would be better in:
Apparel & Accessories (set in plugin)> jewelry (set in plugin)> rings (comes from DB $category)
Apparel & Accessories (set in plugin)> jewelry (set in plugin)> bracelets (comes from DB $category)
Apparel & Accessories (set in plugin)> jewelry (set in plugin)> Necklaces (comes from DB $category)
I hope i explained better.
Maybe it is interesting for you to put in a further release.
If you want me to test it let me know
Thanks and best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Actually, you can already do that with the plugin I gave you, waht you ahve to do is to create a product custom field with the type "text" (for example named google_product_category).
Then edit your product and give this field the desired value (Apparel & Accessories > jewelry).
Finally, in the google product plugin, just set the category field to the custom field name (here, google_product_category).
In this case, the plugin will look for each product if they have this custom field, if yes, the custom field will be used. If no, it will use it name.
I hope it's clear enough
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Why not the Category? So you set it once and not for every product.
I made a custom field for the category
I suppose that it don't work with the plugin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't think it's a good solution since the gdata ask only for one category and your products can have more than one category.
So if your product are in 2 different categories and have 2 different custom field you don't know which one to choose.
Prefer the product custom field it's a better solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.