Can't resolve CAPTCHA plugin error!

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 6 months ago #336346

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.23
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect

Hallo there. I was quite happy that my site was almost finished, but i purchased the essential version and began my troubles.

When i try to checkout, the CAPTCHA plugin give me always the error SOLUTION WAS INCORRECT at the 2nd time. In the first registration page, instead, the error is "Non è stato possibile verificare che non sei un robot" (isn't possibly verify that you're not a robot).

So, i TRIED every solution proposed in the forum: disable all captcha (joomla and hika), mantain only hika captcha, only joomla, and so on...
Nothing resolved.

I downloaded the 4.4.4 version and this became my horror. Before was 4.2.2, and everything was ok, i could disabled and checkout worked fine. I downloaded the new hika captcha plugin and installed, configure and so on. But didn't work anymore.

Please help soon, i wanted launch my site already 2 weeks ago!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
2 years 6 months ago #336355

Hi,

There are two reasons recaptcha would display that error:
- You have the Joomla captcha activated. It is not compatible with HikaShop's checkout so if it is activated it will return an error, no matter the version of HikaShop, or whether HikaShop's recaptcha plugin is activated or not. So you need to make sure Joomla's captcha plugin is disabled, AND that the captcha settings in the Joomla configuration and in the Joomla user manager options page are turned off.
- If HikaShop's Recaptcha plugin is enabled but its interface doesn't appear on the checkout (because of a javascript error on the page, or because of a template customization, etc) it will return that same error.

I checked your website's checkout, and I don't see HikaShop's recaptcha plugin on the registration form but I do get the error.
I didn't see any javascript error nor a template customization which would lead to HikaShop's Recaptcha being not displayed even though it is enabled, so I'll assume that you've disabled the plugin. Which means that the problem is probably with either Joomla's recaptcha plugin being activated, or a captcha setting in the Joomla configuration or the Joomla user manager's options page being activated. So please check on these.

2 years 6 months ago #336358

I was trying to accomodate, and disabled for error (wanna try without captcha at all, but didn't work).

So now i enable only HIKA plugin, and disabled and configured joomla without nativa CAPTCHA plugin.
I double checked even the Joomla Contact options, disabled even there, and even on every menu's voices.

Enabled the Hika recaptcha plugin enabled again, i can see in first page of checkout, but still getting the same error.
Please check again, i'm gonna crazy for this.

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by OxanaDen.

2 years 6 months ago #336360

Ok, seem i've resolved.

The issue was created from the K2 blog settings, that has another time a CAPTCHA plugin configuration in its inside module.
So now it's working.

However it's a really a strange process...why don't use the native captcha? thanks in advance.

• Thank you received: 13066
2 years 6 months ago #336361

Hi,

It's great you found out about this.
We had our ReCaptcha plugin before Joomla had its own and it worked and still do for Joomla's forms too.
We could add support for Joomla4's Captcha system, and we looked at it in the past. However, it's not that easy, especially with our checkout system which can refreshes the registration area of the checkout in AJAX. This causes issues with the initialization of the captcha when the registration form appears as the captcha system wasn't meant to work like that.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds