- Posts: 254
- Thank you received: 2
Customer is not receiving order confirmation email
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you made some email overrides ?
A PHP error in the email could stop the mail processing.
You can test your emails by modifying an order in the backend. Just change the order status to "confirmed" and select "notify customer : yes".
At this moment, you would see the email content that HikaShop would send. It's a good trick to see email content !
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
One odd thing - about a week ago I sent out an email newsletter with ACY Mailing - I have a list of about 2400 and usually get about 8 to 40 bounces - This time I had 163 bounces. Could ACY mailing be tied in with this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you tried the "notify customer" in order to check that your email content is valid ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just so I am not getting things confused - this is what I received from the test: "Customer Order: 5210 - Schnute" (only 1 email)
2 or 3 weeks ago I would get 2 emails:
"Your order No. 5143 is now Confirmed at www.honeyflowfarm.com/ " and
"Customer Order: 5143 - Schnute" (This last one is the only one I receive now)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't know what is that email "Customer Order: 5210 - Schnute". There is no such text in HikaShop and never heard of that word Schnute in English. It sounds like some kind of modification/translation ? Is that the order admin notification which is sent to the shop owner ?
AcyMailing is not linked to that. I guess that it might come from something you modified in the emails.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
"Your order No. 5143 is now Confirmed at www.honeyflowfarm.com/ " (the one that I am missing now) and
"Customer Order: 5143 - Schnute" (Schnute is my last name and the test customers name - substitute "Customer Order: 5143 - nicolas" is you submitted the test order)
Now all I get from the test order is: "Customer Order: 5210 - Schnute(nicolas)" and I do not get the customer confirmation order. Shouldn't I be getting the customer confimation on the test order?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is no email with the username in the subject of the email by default in HikaShop. So that would mean that you edited one of the emails and changed the subject to include the username. It could well be that this is the order status notification email which is sent when orders are confirmed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just created a new test order on my site from "Nick nicolas" and sent it in as priority mail & pay pal (although I did not finish the pay pal part) - I used my wifes gmail address (and I just tested it ok) - the order went through and we received the normal email from our store: "Customer Order: 5214 - nicolas". WE DID NOT GET AN ORDER CONFIRMATION AT MY WIFES EMAIL!
Then I went into hikashop orders and "cancelled" the order, the screen came up and I selected "yes" to notify customer and I checked that mywifesgmail address was ok - and I DID NOT get a copy of the cancellation from the store (I dont know if I was supposed to) BUT I DID GET THE CUSTOMERS CANCELLATION IN MY WIFES GMAIL ACCOUNT. ("Your order No. 5214 is now cancelled at www.honeyflowfarm.com/ ")
I never did get the original customer confirmation at my wifes gmail. This is the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
"Subject: Re: Customer Order: 5213 - Hodges (I sent this personally)
Thank you for the order. We will ship it to you shortly. Could you do me a favor and email me back if this is the first order confirmation email you have received or did you get one within a few minutes of placing the order?"
She responded:"No I never received a confirmation. I used my discover card and....Thank you! Amy Y. Hodges"
Then I sent in another test order to Nick nicolas - I sent it priority mail and credit card (authorizenet)- order went through ok and I received this email from the store: "Customer Order: 5217 - nicolas" AND NOTHING IN MY WIFES GMAIL ACCOUNT. Then I went into hikashop and changed this order to cancelled with notified customer - yes --- And then I do get the email: "Your order No. 5217 is now cancelled at honeyflowfarm.com/ " in my wifes email.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.